Tuesday 1 August 2017

FINISHING STITCHES - JULY

Linking with Joy for a few things that have been completed or finalised in some way over the last few months.

I'll start with 2 "proper" finishes.

 A jumper I started before we went to UK last year.  I finally sewed it together & did the neck band at the beginning of July and it has already been toasty warm for me on some very cold days.

Bibliophile Anonymous
Now this quilt, I think, was shown a few months back, sitting on the quilt machine, partially done.  It is now finished & is being used as part of a display at one of our local libraries.  A sampler done many a year ago.

Jewel Parti.
This is the quilt I made at Judy's Mystery Case weekend back at the end of June.  OK, not quilted yet, but at least pieced.  It is ready and waiting with it's backing to be quilted this week, I hope.

Now for a few more tops I've been working on over the last few months.  There are 5, all my own designs to try and use up my rather extensive stash.  Well, I did make my first quilt 40 years ago.

Judy's Promise.
This is the one I struggled with, and is now waiting to be quilted.
Water Meadows.
Another  one to play with what I had on hand.


Do you see a trend?  My trouble is that I like designing, then see them come together, and quilt when I'm in the mood.  Naughty me.

Dotty Custard.
This is made with a jelly roll & 1 background.  I did make 2 quilts a few months back (both quilted) to show how to get two from one jelly roll & this is along the same lines.  There is another one on paper & just waiting for me to have time to start it.
Cafe Culture.
Just off the machine.  I made this in the early 2000's from fabric that depicts French Cafes.  I'm hoping that someone I know with a lovely coffee shop will appreciate it once I've done the binding.
Below is the fabric on the back.  Isn't it cool.\
It is quilted with coffee cups.



Whoopsa Daisy.
OK, this is one that shouldn't be on here, but I couldn't help myself.
Some people know that I want to write a book and have been making quilts for it, for several years.
This is one of them, but I can't tell anymore.
Yes, it's bright.
I'll leave this with one last photo.  Today is the 1st of August, (I'm running late),which here in Oz is both Horse's birthday and Wattle day.

A vase of wattle on the kitchen counter.
Have a good week all and a wonderful August.
Take care.
Susan.

18 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts, well done on your finishes, and I love how Jewel Parti turned out. so how are you going to quilt it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. It's just going to be an allover in a floral. Can't remember the name just now. I'm using the last border as binding.

      Delete
  2. Love your wattle but you're a month early.
    Isn't it September, first day of Spring? When we were at school I'm sure it was August but it changed somewhere along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has it really changed? Well, we'll just have to pretend we're back at school.(giggle)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful finishes!!! The quilt you weren't sure about and asked us about looks really great. Enjoy your finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I really need to get my big machine mojo back & get some quilted & bound.

      Delete
  4. what on earth is Horse's day? excellent round up of finished work :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, as far as I know Kate, it is something to do with the horse racing industry & is done for the 'age' races. I don't do horse racing, so not exactly sure. Thanks for the other comment.

      Delete
  5. All of your quilts are gorgeous. I really love the library quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've certainly been busy finishing up or working on all those projects. I never tire of seeing your beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! Love all the quilts, they are all so pretty in their own way! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have had a really productive month! Some lovely finished there. And you should only quilt when you feel like it, otherwise things will just go wrong. I think my favourite is your Jewel Parti.. Enjoy August xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley. Whoops, I'll admit to not posting my finishes for a couple of months, so looks a lot.

      Delete
  9. Staggering - that's an incredible collection of finishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne, but as I pointed out above, it wasn't just for the month of July, as I don't keep up my blog very well & it's been too cold outside for the last few months, so lots done indoors.

      Delete