Saturday 30 November 2019

NOVEMBER PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT & APOLOGIES..............!!!


Linking once again for the last hunt of 2019 with Kate from I live, I love, I craft, I am me, who hosts this wonderful monthly get together.
Firstly, I would like to apologise  for being so absent & hope that I do keep at least a few followers.
This "i'net" age is doing my head in...................my old laptop (which I use all the time), has decided it no longer wants to connect to the internet & my tablet has many issues too (it's not old), the worst being deleting my emails before I even get to read them.  Hence, I need to do everything basically on the PC in the study & that cuts into my daytime chores etc.  Anyway, enough from me, except a great big SORRY!!!!!!!!!

This month's hunt..................
1.  SEASONAL VIEW.

Hay being baled & then wrapped for silage.  These photos were taken on Thursday on the way home from errands we had to do near Melbourne, so definitely "seasonal" for now.  The ranges in the background are very hazy due to smoke from NSW fires (we think).  It's been raining here overnight & is still cooler than it should be for so close to summer.  Southern Victoria is experiencing some weird weather with snow forecast "again" for our high country areas.

2.  OOPS!!!
This one has a bit of a funny story to it, so bear with me.
DH was asked by our car club to make a board to display our life members names.  Seeing a chunk at his woodworking group, he bought it.  It was about 12" wide, 36" long and 2" thick.  It then became shorter after cutting & was cut through the centre thickness to open out like the pages of a book.
He glued it through down the middles, turned it over & OOPs..... showed it to me & I just started laughing.
Can you see what we saw..........................😊.  It has now been stained & doesn't look half as funny.
We'll take it down to the club on Wednesday for the committee meeting & see what they think.

3.  SEASHORE.
                      Betka Beach on the east coast of Victoria, taken whilst on holiday in 2015.
                                   I had so many to choose from, I couldn't make up my mind.
4.  CARD.
Paint colour "cards" being made into quaint bookmarks & maybe popped into Christmas cards as a tiny gift.  These are fun to make if you have any bits'n'bobs leftover from scrapbooking or cardmaking.
You can even decorate bought tags for pressies.
 
5.  STRIPE/D.
I have a very large stash!!!!!!  Sorted into colours, novelties, animals, large florals etc., there is even one for all sorts of "stripes".  It's not surprising that I love fabric & am a FABRIHOLIC, as a small child I loved collecting all my Mum's sewing scraps & hoarding them away until she found them again and were tossed into the bin.

6.  MY OWN CHOICE.
I took this photo whilst away in September on a trip to Canberra to see our son & grandchildren, then on to Orange to see my oldest friend.  On a day tripping around the Orange area, I spotted this gate & as I got out of the car to take the photo, this horse came trotting over to the fence for a pat.  I obliged by rubbing his nose & I'm sure he wanted me to stay longer. 
OK, I've done it and hope to be back in blogland a bit more, as I miss the comraderie & seeing what everyone has been up to.  I'll make time to hop on the PC & maybe try & sort the laptop & tablet to working order somehow.(ha,ha). 
As well as all the hoo-ha above, we've also been busy with other things.  I spent a lovely day at AQM (Australian Quilt Market), then a scrollsaw demonstration with DH on the Sunday and last weekend saw us take the caravan away & spend 4 days in Geelong with a quilt techniques class in Torquay with Emma Jean Jansen for me.  Fun times.
Take care all, have a great weekend & huggles from Susan.

18 comments:

  1. I do find farmers baling silage so interesting; love the huge machinery they use. Your wood story is a hoot.. I'm not surprised you have a large fabric stash; me too! As I sit here typing it is cold and frosty (but sunny) outside. So for me your seashore photo is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. Glad you weren't offended with the Oops story. Not very warm here now & even cooler tomorrow & rain, especially in Adelaide where they are trying to play cricket.

      Delete
  2. We definitely have the same sense of humour, I would have howled at your Ooops too. So funny. Your seashore photo has me yearning for a day at the beach, we only had odd days out this year rather than a proper holiday for one reason or another so it seems ages since I spent some proper time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we sure can see the funny side of things. We've not had much good weather here for so close to summer to do any beach strolling & I do miss that.

      Delete
  3. The first two photos remind me of when I was camping on a farm site in June, my pitch looked over a large field and I watched over a period of a few days as the grass was cut, turned over, baled and wrapped - farm machinery fascinates me (I used to own and drive a couple of vintage tractors) and I loved watching the machine wrapping the bales, in fact I filmed some of it.

    I saw the likeness to a torso in your first 'oops' photo before I even read the story, and laughed out loud at the end result - that's funny :-)

    I love the seashore pic, it looks beautiful there :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. I love seeing farm works in progress & we quite often stop & look at what is going on. Glad you liked my oops & the seashore.

      Delete
  4. Oh you should have so left the board like it was. Definitely a talking point at the shows. Your beach scene is lovely and your bailing pics remind me of our summers here when they are hot. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Looks like the board was a hit for oops. No sun here today for the first day of summer.

      Delete
  5. Love that oops photo, I laughed out loud too! I am trying to work out what is sat on the fence next to the horse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you. Sitting on the fence is a rusty iron sculpture of men, probably jackeroos or rouseabouts in Aussie language. Farm workers, drovers or maybe rodeo riders, whatever you want them to be.

      Delete
  6. Hi Susan~ you left a comment on my blog and you came in as a no reply blogger. I wanted to say thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back, Susan. Love all your photos, great choices for the categories. A super idea for the paint cards and lovely photo of the beach:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an original seasonal view, great interpretation!
    I hope the oops photo still got some laughs after it was stained.
    Are those cowboy silhouettes with the horse? That's a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad everyone hasn't minded the Oops! See one of my replies above for the last photo. Yes they could be cowboys.

      Delete
  9. Oh dear - how funny! Wonder what the car club members will say! You will have to let us know :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Some have already seen it & either laughed or went ...ooh & then said they thought it was great. Definitely not what we thought we'd see when it was sliced.

      Delete
  10. Love your seashore photograph …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete