Friday 1 November 2019

OCTOBER PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT.

 Once again linking with the lovely Kate at I live, I love, I craft for a photo hunt to go with the words she has chosen.
Now how we go...................

1.  UMBRELLA.
Pretty umbrellas hanging in the glasshouse at the Ballarat Botanic Gardens.  I snapped this many years ago & may have shown it before.

2.  WET.
Taken on a dismal day in August whilst holidaying in the UK.  We intended to walk down the steps beside the 5 Rise at Bingley, find another crossing place and walk up the other side.  It didn't happen, as it was pouring down, but we spent a nice half hour chatting to the folks from The Rivers & Canal Trust.  Notice the very 'wet' dog on the left.  This is the very top of the locks, where we also watched a narrowboat navigating said lock.

3.  PUDDLES.
After spending a few days with our son & grandies in Canberra at the beginning of this month, we traveled further along to see my BFF in Orange.  Whilst there we decided to drive to the top of Mt. Canobolus ( the highest point between Sydney & Perth) to enjoy the view.  It was amazing, 360° of countryside, but most of NSW & other states are in severe drought at the moment, so where did this puddle come from.  Well, there had been a few scattered showers over the past days & left this little legacy, but nowhere near enough to combat the need for proper rain, to boost our dam levels, green our pastures for livestock & beat out some the bushfires already burning in parts of Australia.

4.  OVERFLOWING.
A large pot on the paving out the back, just "overflowing" with a pretty pink flowered plant.  I've forgotten what it is called.

5.  SPLASH.
Last year in August, we made our way to Queensland to see all our children, gathered from around Oz & UK.  Whilst staying at the caravan park, they had lots of facilities that could be used by patrons visitors, so our family took advantage one day.  This splashing by the grandies, playing "Marco Polo" in the pool.  This about all I can ever show of my grandchildren for security reasons.  They did have fun in the pool, on the bouncing pillow, playing mini golf, having a game of tennis with Nana and watching the bird feeding.

6.  MY OWN CHOICE.
Out for a walk on Wednesday, around our block, I actually took the camera to snap for my nephew, how our town is growing rapidly and noticed this in one of the gardens, done for Halloween.  Lucky I took the camera!!  I though you might all get a laugh.
That's my lot for this month & as we have a very hectic schedule for the weekend, with our car club rally, I'll be off.  Enjoy the weekend, wherever you may be.
Take care all & huggles.
Susan.                                 

22 comments:

  1. Lovely set of photos. I had to look hard at the last one to work out what I was looking at! That must have been quite a sight to see.

    It is a sad world we live isn't it the some parts of the world have so much rain they get flooding and some parts don't have nearly enough so they get drought and often fires too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If you click on the photo you can see it in a larger format. I suppose as I was born & bred in Oz, I understand how our weather works & know it will rain again, but the poem I put on two posts ago sums it all up.

      Delete
  2. Another great set of photos. I thought you might use a photo from the UK for wet, it can always be guaranteed! It's raining here today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Yes, you do get a good share of rain, but we had some lovely weather whilst there & I actually bought a pair of shorts, (forgot to pack mine), so I could be cooler for a couple of the hot days.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lot of rain here in the UK with plenty of floods in the valley. Love your Halloween photo - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I'll catch up soon with an email.

      Delete
  5. I wish I could exchange some of our rain (well lots of it) for a lot of your sunshine.... I thought your Overflowing photo was clever! I have actually been up the Bingley Five Rise on a boat! Of course we have been there many times just to have a look. Yes your RIP made me smile. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. We've actually had plenty of rain here in our corner of Oz today, so hopefully it will keep travelling north.

      Delete
  6. Love all your pictures and like Threads above I would love to send you some rain in exchange for some of your heat. We too understand rainy seasons and dry winters so hope you do get some rain. Not been to the Bingley Five Rise, thanks for reminding me about it. I also love your RIP picture. Most original. Keep well.

    PS Am enjoying snuggling under my beautiful quilt now the evenings are getting colder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. The 5 rise is interesting for a day out. Glad you are enjoying snuggling. That's what they meant for. Keep warm & dry.

      Delete
  7. You can have some of my rain too if you want it, I've had enough of it. A great set of photos and I love the half-buried skeleton but my favourite is the puddle one for the sunshine and the view :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking everyone has sent us rain. We've had quite a bit as has N.S.W. which really needed it.Thanks Eunice for your lovely comment too.

      Delete
  8. Super photos, Susan. Lovely umbrellas and a spooky, own choice, I remember that wet August. Enjoy your weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I'll always remember too, especially with the near collapse of that dam in the Peak District.

      Delete
  9. All great photos, but I like the overflowing flowers the best! And the gravestone and bones are fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The pot of flowers is a bit worse for wear, with 2 very hot days & then lots of rain for 3 days, but it will come good again.

      Delete
  10. Super selection for October. The gravestone was a fun one.
    I didn't manage it this time, must try harder for November.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, hope you'll be able to join in next time & that you are doing better health wise. Take care.

      Delete
  11. Finally hit the ground, thought I better check on all the scavenger hunt blogs :) lovely set of photos, and yes, it is still wet here ....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. This keeps me going when I lose my blog mojo.
      Wet here too at the moment & in other parts that need it desparately.

      Delete
  12. I enjoyed seeing these photograph … many thanks.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete