Friday 22 May 2020

5 ON FRIDAY - GRATITUDE.

Joining with Kate from I live, I love, I craft I am me, for this post on "gratitude".
Before I even start, I want to THANK everyone for saying they'd like me to continue posting, after I mentioned to a few other bloggers, I didn't think I'd keep on blogging and for all my lovely comments on my Wordless Week.
Grateful for..............

1.  Having a clever hubby.
                               See the little table he fashioned for my chair in the family room.
2.  A garden.
                                         Finding buds on at least 5 of my different hellebores.
     And being able to pick a lemon from our little lemon tree to make this slice earlier in the week.

3.  Having a stash.
The cupboard where my stash belongs after a good tidy up.  Doesn't quite look like this now.
Because I've been rummaging to make quilts, like this Quiltalong I've been  doing and not having to go anywhere to purchase fabric.

4  Anticipation!  Is that something to be grateful for?
Our new wood heater awaiting the plumber to come, so it can be installed.  Ooh I can't wait.  Next week, as long as it doesn't rain.

5.  And for an odd one.......
After creating a big blister on my right thumb from helping cut up small branches to go in the green waste bin after we'd removed a couple of very overgrown shrubs, I'm so glad to be ambidextrous.  Just changed hands to finish it.😌  So "grateful" for that.  I was actually left-handed as a child, but it was very frowned on in those days, so it best to learn to use your right, but some things come naturally to my left at times.

This is probably somewhat disjointed, but then that is just me.  Thanks if you take the time to read & I will be replying again, as it isn't a wordless week.😊
Take care all, stay safe & huggles.
Susan.

23 comments:

  1. Five lovely things. I do love your little table, that's very clever. I'm always intrigued by the things your clever hubby makes with wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Yes he is very clever & one of our next projects from pallets will be starting our new compost bin system.

      Delete
  2. A clever hubby indeed. I find myself saying I could have written your 1-3 gratitudes too! Nothing wrong with anticipating something good, especially in the current situation. When I broke my wrist I had to learn to use my left hand instead and it worked well too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. So your hubby is clever too? I thought he might be & I did think you may mention your stash, but you didn't.

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, it is certainly the little things that are so important - well done K with the 'side table'. Im glad for my wool/yarn stash as well as paints, paper, embroidery floss, pens and pencils - I plus both the girlfriends (the boys' girls) are raiding it at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I'm so "grateful" to you too for keeping me sane at the moment especially & I owe you an email. Although DD can't come here to raid my stash, I did send her some purple fabrics which she requested.

      Delete
  4. I also was a left hander that "they" tried to change, but it didn't succeed, so still a lefty. Tis good we have a stash to use, and hope you get your heater installed soon, you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I still do a lot of things left handed & one day while playing cricket with one of the grandsons, he was gobsmacked that I was a "leftie". He was so funny. So looking forward to the wood heater, as it has been cold so early this year. Hands & feet full of chillblains already.

      Delete
  5. A nice selection of things for your blog post. Your little side table is great, well done to your hubby. I've never understood why being left-handed was frowned upon, there's nothing wrong with doing what comes naturally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, the table is very useful now in winter, as we don't use the verandah out back quite as much. I've never understood the leftie thing either, but my Mum was always horrified & embarrassed if I forgot to use the "right" one.(giggle).

      Delete
  6. Well that's so amazing that you are ambidextrous!
    Hope your lemon slices turned out well. I'm sure they did. :) Have her Ben up baking for now, some older relatives we go to the market for on sat mornings have taken to baking us cakes in return. So nice of them 😊 though I have put on weight sadly during lockdown. Looking forward to some good walks this wknd with other half. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. The slice is nice & we just have one piece of anything with our morning & afternoon cuppas & eat reasonably nutritious home cooked meals, so we aren't putting on any weight, especially as some of our walks are longer than we used to do. Not being able to hop in the car & head to beach or countryside where we did most of our walking is giving us cabin fever, hence further afield her in our local area.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing these things … love the table, you have a clever hubby!

    My good wishes for the weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely post I've enjoyed all your five things. How wonderful to be able to use both hands. I've had a sore elbow for a few weeks now and it is my right one so I've been struggling to use my left hand for many things. I think I did something to it whilst weeding the garden. I hope your thumb isn't too sore. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. Thumbs nearly healed, but no more gardening till we get some nice weather. It's been appalling.

      Delete
  9. Love your stash, and your quirky list. Disjointed is fine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That stash looks amazing, mine looks quite paltry compared with a stash that size.. but you should see my yarn stash :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie, but do remember I did make my first quilt in 1977 & have been doing it ever since. Red face here...I too have quite a lot of yarn & learnt to knit when I was 4, as my mother at one time knitted for one of our big yarn companies.

      Delete
  11. A lovely post. I'm pleased you carried on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful thing the little table is, how clever your hubby is.
    I'm a leftie, luckily it was ok to be it as school for me.
    That's great stash awaiting having something done with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Seems I have lots of leftie blogpals. More stash creations will be happening this year. I've got quite a few to give away & a couple I'd love to send overseas this year for special people & occasions, so hope the easing of restrictions will work for postage too.

      Delete