Wednesday 24 June 2020

FEELING BLUE.

I've gone quiet according to someone I blog with and yes, I've been feeling rather low.  What with this damn virus lurking around, cold & murky weather which doesn't help & my woefully painful, swollen fingers due to persistent chillblains, I think perhaps I should pull my head in & try to be more cheerful.  We have been out (keeping our distance), just the two of us & been keeping busy about the home.
A little of what has been happening, though the garden has taken a back seat because of my hands & the dampness underfoot.
My friend Jayne at The View from Bagend posted a photo of her fire lit one night in the middle of summer in UK & asked who else had done the same.  Well, we had.
Looking cosy.
Last Thursday we took ourselves for a drive to the water's edge with picnic basket, thermos & camera.  Ate lunch in the car looking at this view & also had a quick walk along the beach, which was quite deserted.
Looking south.

Looking north.
There is a headland with parking area between the 2 beaches at Mornington, overlooking Port Phillip Bay.
We've also done some local walks & luckily have taken my camera a couple of times.
I noticed some weird cloud formations the other day.
These clouds had formed over the LaTrobe Valley where there are a couple of power stations.
Today we took ourselves off on one of our usual walks down past the farm in the middle of suburbia & what did we see........the cows in the top paddock surrounded by hundreds of cattle egrets.
You may need to click on this to see the birds.
I've come to a bit of a slow patch on the sewing front.  I'd started a row by row quilt of my own design, but hit that low spot & then started another QAL with my friend Joy at Days filled with Joy.
A couple of photos  to show that I've not been completely idle.
What I've achieved for the QAL so far.  We have another update today for the next part.
My dahlia rug (Attic 24 project) now finished & some of the rows of my Row by Row design inspired by the colours of the rug.  All the fabrics were found in my stash, though there is one I've run out of & will have to find a replacement for my first border.  Oh dear!!
OK, that is all from me today.  Not much has been happening in the shed by DH either, but today he popped up to start a small project, so will have something to blog about on that front too soon.
At least I've actually made the effort to blog finally.  Nearly time for our evening meal & the fire has been lit.  Best go, take care all, stay safe & huggles from down under.
Susan.

11 comments:

  1. I'd noticed you were quiet on the blog front but that's fine, blog only when you feel like it. I am shielding at home as I'm clinically vulnerable to the virus but you have given me an idea. We can have a run out in the car, take a picnic lunch to eat in the car and go for a little walk on the beach avoiding anyone who is around. Anything to end the cabin fever. Thank you and take care, I hope your hands become less painful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, glad I've given you an idea. Something we do even when this isn't happening, so enjoy.

      Delete
  2. Has been very hot today here in N W England, it's a stuffy night too. Feels like I'm abroad. I do love a roaring fire but definitely not at the moment. And I would even discard the lovely dahlia throw you made, too hot to want to be cozy. Love the egrets pic, is it common to see so many together? Hope your hands feel better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. The egrets are usually seen in huge groups around the cattle & I think it is why they are called cattle egrets,(maybe I should google that).

      Delete
  3. Sorry you ae feeling blue such strange times we are living through and the chillblaines must be very painful and stop you doing this to help cheer you. I love your fire and the coastal photos from your walk and the lovely colours in your rug. Take Care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I'm feeling OK but in a strange kind of way, just weird times I suppose with a 2nd spike here already in Victoria. The hands are annoying & awkward, but I still get things done although a little slower than usual.

      Delete
  4. These are such strange times … they certainly don't help our moods.
    I always try to get out and about …
    It was lovely to see your photographs …

    Take care and hope your chilblains may improve soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your dark mood has lifted Susan. I tried to post a comment the other day but my internet kept dropping off. The quilting is pretty darn stunning and always a pleasure to look at. Stay safe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie, I'll pop you an email & photo this weekend.

      Delete
  6. You're doing well with the QAL and at least we can encourage each other to blog, even if we don't live close by! Hang in there xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending a (hug) Susan, take care x

    ReplyDelete