Saturday 22 August 2020

IT'S SATURDAY.

 Not much of a title, but then each day seems to come and go at the moment with not much meaning to it.

Just plodding along at home, not venturing out & wondering if this is what the rest of our lives will be like, though I've had the camera handy to capture whatever the imagination can find.

A walk very early this week near one of our new estates netted this.................something I actually detest!

The benching of the hillside into little blocks that are flat.
UGH!!!!!ugly.

TODAY..............weather!!!!

Looking from the study window at about midday.

The back verandah a little later covered in itty-bitty hail (sago snow).

Looking along the back paving beside the steps & retaining wall.

We also had a thunderstorm amidst all this and at 3.30pm as I type this it is 6.5℃  It is cold & the fire is lit, though the sun has just appeared briefly with lots more grey storm clouds on the horizon.

A FINISH and A PHOTO SHOOT.

My quilt now named "Whimsy" inspired by the colours of Attic 24's dahlia rug is now quilted & bound.
I took this photo today after waiting for a break in our weather, but it hasn't come so this is the best I could do.

I also finally finished this butterfly embroidery, which has similar colours, though I started it a couple of years ago.  Not sure how to finish the back now it's in the hoop.  Any suggestions?

This is one that didn't really come out how I'd envisioned, but I did use what I had available in my stash.  It was designed by me on trusty Quilt Wizard & I'd thought of using a plain tone on tone mauve, but this was about the only mauve fabric I had.  It is quilted and bound & although not what I planned, I don't hate it.  I've come up with the name Sonora & can't fathom why.
A very "pandamic" quilt I think.😖

Just a quick lot today after being a misery guts for most of the week, due to weather, a computer that's been playing silly, not venturing out & missing family.
Luckily I've a little project to do for a newborn bub.  That makes me happy & busy at the same time with purpose.
Take care all, stay safe & huge huggles from down under.
Susan.

PS:  Still having trouble using this new blogger.  How's everyone else coping?

15 comments:

  1. Hi Susan. Those photos are gorgeous. The hail made me shiver but the blanket and quilt look lovely and cosy. You could stitch a circle of felt to the back of the embroidery hoop. Make sure to stitch your name and the date on it to remind future generation that you made it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. I'd thought of felt, but not sure how to attach it.

      Delete
  2. The colours of the blanket and quilt are lovely and they look really cosy. I like the bottom photo of your garden, the thin white covering of hail makes that little spot look really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. Hail might have been pretty, but it sure is cold here at the moment.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Eunice, the hail does look very pretty in your garden. Your quilts and embroidery are lovely. The days and weeks are flying by and hopefully things will improve and we'll be able to get out and about and have lots to look forward to. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I'm hoping things will improve soon too, but I'm not holding my breath & there is talk we may have to wear masks for a long, long, long time.

      Delete
  4. It's funny how you gravitate towards the same colours, though all your makes compliment each other beautifully. Have a look on You Tube, there's always so many ideas you can take for finishing off projects, there'll be tutorials on how to finish off a hooped project. It does look cold there, though our weather is going downhill too, it's very windy at the moment. I can't help re the new blogger, I've reverted back to legacy and I'll use that for as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I do love colour & my favourite is actually pink, but I've always loved playing with colour, even as a very young child. I adore coloured pencils & fabric came at an early age too. I'll have to have a quick look on-line. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Damp and squally here today, tempted to light the fire. Eldest girl friend frames her embroideries in the hoop. She gave me one and I cut a circle of thick card and glued it to the back to seal in all the threads and fabric. It worked very well😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still windy, wet & cold here too & our fire has been lit pretty much all week. Thanks for the tip on the hoop & I'll possibly give that a try or maybe a circle of felt.

      Delete
  6. Yes the weather certainly has been wintry, and so glad of the wood heater, and being able to stay indoors. Your quilts look pretty, and the hail good in teh garden, we had hail, but not that pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brr snow! It does look very pretty on your verandah and steps. Lovely colours in both your quilt and blanket. Good to have the fire when it is so cold. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. Our woodburner has been a life saver this year & so glad we put it in.

      Delete
  8. So nice to see your photographs.
    I like the colour of the quilt.

    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete