Wednesday 5 August 2020

SORRY & JULY SCAVENGER HUNT.

A huge sorry to any of my followers for being on the silent side of late.  The Pandemic is doing my head in & what with the "huge" new wave here in Victoria, it's hard to stay focused, have any mojo or inclination to even blog.
Another issue I have too, is this new interface on blogger.  It's been a learning curve over the years and as I'm not very tech savvy, another change is a challenge, but here goes.

JULY PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT.
I've missed the link up, but this run by the lovely Kate over at I live, I love I craft, I am me.
1.  SOMETHING PURPLE.
                                            The wisteria on the pergola over at No. 4
                 I snapped these this morning after I had washed up & as I realised I could use them for                                            "purple' too.  Our hand wash, violets from the garden & my gloves.

2.  SHADES OF GREEN.
The hills, paddocks, trees & hedges around West & South Gippsland.  Taken on a rare outing before we went back into lockdown.

3.  STARTS WITH... F
FARMYARD on the hill in the middle of our town, which we can see from our driveway.

4.  STILL LIFE.
A beautiful black cockatoo snapped whilst I stood very still & he kept still too.  

5.  SNAPPED AT THIS MOMENT.
This was taken yesterday, when I thought about posting after I realised that I was way behind on the HUNT & reading blogs.  We had a very cold day, which brought a few snow flakes, tiny hail, which we call sago snow, and rain.  It was "miserable".

6.. MY OWN CHOICE.
                                                                           Terracotta pots.
I love these, especially the rhubarb forcers, which we don't see out here.  This photo was taken last year on our UK trip at Great Dixter garden, a place I loved visiting.

OK, that's it from me & although I'm late, hope somebody enjoys and I'll be back sooner than later this month, catching up on a few other bits & pieces.  
Take care, stay safe & huggles,
Susan.
PS:  Not sure I like this new interface, but I will try and come to terms with it.  Does anybody know if there is a "caption" bit anymore?
😌💖

15 comments:

  1. Hi Susan. It's nice to see you posting today. I will do a screen dump on my blog to show you how to insert a caption. Hope it makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the new Blogger interface yet and as I don't like change I am a little worried about using it. I see there is no "comments awaiting moderation" which I am used to using. I like those terracotta pots, all your photos are interesting.. Stay safe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen. I'm not sure about the new interface, but looks like it will be what we need to learn as it changes completely soon. I'll help if I can at any time. Thanks for the comments.

      Delete
  3. Hope everything is ok over there. I wish this whole virus would go, unfortunately I think we basically all just need to catch it. It's going to be around forever I feel. I like how you have called the tiny snowflakes sago snow! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. About OK as its going to be for a while in this new lockdown, but we'll see it through. Sago snow must be an Aussie term (giggle). Today has been much better & we got out for a "local" walk.

      Delete
  4. Nice to see this post and photographs.

    It seems worldwide the virus numbers are increasing!
    We still all need to take care.

    I hope you can enjoy this month of August, here in the UK the weekend temperatures are going to be very hot 30C, so I plan to take things slowly and keep well hydrated.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. Enjoy your weekend safely. Ours is going to be cold & wet, yet again. Take care.

      Delete
  5. I know it is gloomy when it rains, but it is winter and the farmers and my garden needs the moisture. The heat of summer will come soon enough, and I love my wood fire and being inside sewing when it's cold and wet outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. It isn't so much the rain, but lack of sunshine occasionally, which we've seen about twice in 8 weeks.

      Delete
  6. Great photos, love the Wisteria and your pretty soap and gloves. Love the terracotts pots too. Stay safe and keep blogging when you feel like it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I love the smell of wisteria when it's in flower. You stay safe too.

      Delete
  7. I'm no good with change either. Do you know that you can change back to the old blogger, if you go on to Blogger Dashboard and scroll down the left hand sidebar there's a link to change back, that's what I've done. Lovely photos. I love all those terracotta pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I went back to the old blogger, then I got a message up top to say we will be put on the new one in August evidently for good, so I'm trying to get used to this. You'd love Great Dixter as well as the pots.....

      Delete