Sunday 29 November 2020

NOVEMBER PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT 2020.

 I'M LATE.

Linking with Kate from I live, I love, I craft, I am me to participate in the Hunt.

Our words for this month had me perplexed, so it was off to my archives as we just seemed to busy for me to get out and about for photos, so here goes.

1.  HOUSEPLANTS.

Coleus, "en masse" in the glasshouses at Temple Newsam in Leeds, West Yorkshire.  My Mum used to grow a few in pots for the house when we were little.  I still  think they come in the most amazing variety of colours,  I should get a few to grow here.😊

2.  HARBOUR.
VICTOR HARBOUR.
This is a photo I took whilst on holiday some years back in South Australia, showing the horse drawn trams, which are very much a tourist attraction in this lovely town south of Adelaide.   Riding up top was very exhilarating.  Yes I've used the name of a place instead of showing an actual harbour.

3.  WINDOW.
I had so many images flashing around in my head for this one, then off we went last week looking for a small window for shed extension (we didn't find one), but remembered this photo I took at the nursery in 4 Elms in Kent, UK a few years ago & said how much I'd love these in my SHE SHED if I ever had one.  Aren't they the most beautiful shape.  And no, I won't be getting a she shed.

4.  SKIES.
Taken last week & I just thought the cloud formations were fascinating, so at least one recent snap.

5.  RINGS.
I did have something else in mind for this, but it hasn't eventuated, so on with the thinking cap & during a conversation with friends regarding the Olympic Games which were cancelled this year, I thought, oh I've a photo that might fit.  These are the Olympic Rings erected at Lake Wendourie  in commemoration  of the rowing events which took place at this location in 1956 & which my Dad was part of the team who sent messages all round the world of placings.

6.  MY OWN CHOICE.

On a day out last month, we took a back road from Thorpedale to Rosedale  and espied paddocks with canola fields (or rape for my UK friends) in the background to our left and to the right grazing sheep & ploughed fields awaiting a new crop.  

OK, that's my lot for this month & although I'm disappointed with my selection & not having my heart in it because of so much world turmoil, I'll pull myself together & try to be more pro-active with blogging & blogreading in the months to come.  Today is frightfully windy & with rain as well, very different to Friday which was 33deg, so it won't be an outside day, but we'll certainly be "doing".
Will link this & later on catch up on all the other hunters.
Please take care all, stay safe & huggles from down under.
Susan.








18 comments:

  1. I love your Olympic ring photo ... it reminded me of our family holiday to Dorset a few years ago when we went to Portland and took a photo of us all peeking through one of the rings of the Olympic ring sculpture there ... I recall that being an absolute scorcher of a day. Hopefully we will be able to holiday again with friends and family before too long 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Glad you joined in & hopefully you'll be able to holiday again soon.

      Delete
  2. I do like to see a canola field. So bright and cheerful. Pity you did't get those windows for your SHE shed. My favourite is the coleus display, closely followed by the clouds. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. Not sure I'd have been able to ship them to Oz & it's not too far for you to visit those glasshouses & they are certainly worth it..

      Delete
  3. Interesting photo choices. How wonderful that your Dad was part of a team who sent messages around the world at the time. I've never heard of a she shed before and it is a lovely shape. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. My Dad was at the 1956 Olympics as a telegraphist & DH at the 2000 Sydney ones as a coach driver. 2 in one family always amuses me. A "she shed" is somewhere us females can potter about with crafting, gardening or artwork, just like a man has his for woodwork, metalcraft, car restoring or whatever else they might do in their spare time.

      Delete
  4. I knew straight away where that first photo had been taken. They put on such a wonderful display. Your weather is certainly fluctuating at the moment. Grey and dismal here today, a regular occurrence now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo & I knew you'd recognise the glasshouses. Takes us back a few years to when we first met there..........Maybe one day again. Better here today by the look of it.

      Delete
  5. I love your coleus photo. I think I'll have to get some now, and a she shed, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ella. Glad you've joined in the hunt. I'll definitely get some coleus, but (sad face) won't be getting a big she shed, though maybe a little store for the lawnmower & garden tools.

      Delete
  6. Susan, they are gorgeous photos. I would love a greenhouse like that one. Oh my goodness the things I could grow in it. Stay safe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. I'd like a proper, though small greenhouse, but will have to do with my little kit one for now, when it's finally all installed with it's mesh cladding.

      Delete
  7. Lovely pictures again. Love seeing them. I loved growing coleus in the garden in both Zim and South Africa. We used to swop cuttings with friends and grew many different colours that way. I look longingly at them in garden centres. So do grow some, they are so easy to grow. Stay well. I look forward to the next lot of photographs from you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I've had coleus a few times myself, but just not lately. Will remedy it soon.

      Delete
  8. The Olympic photo and story was really interesting - and the Victoria Harbour photo looked to have been a glorious sunny day - could do with one of those at the moment, it is raining again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate & a huge thank you for keeping me motivated too. Yes, we do have a bit of an "Olympic" story for the family, though not the athleticism type. If I remember rightly that particular holiday was very nice weather.

      Delete
  9. I really enjoyed seeing your photographs and reading your post :)

    Happy December Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete