Saturday 5 December 2020

CHRIMBLY COUNTDOWN 4TH DECEMBER.

     Today I'm linking with the lovely Kate at I live, I love, I craft, I am me, instead of our usual Photo Hunt and am hoping I'm not too late.  We've somehow or another had a busy week in some funny ways.  Shed finishing, picking blueberries, having a day out to visit someone & now car club newsletters which were running late & threw me off course completely.

OK here goes.  Today's lot are DECROATIONS...............................

The wreath I crafted & I know it's simple (been told a few times), but in a country that can have scorching weather around this time of the year, I think it's sensible.
The wall hanging I put in the hallway near the front door which I designed & made many years ago, called Criss Cross Christmas Geese.  I should think about another one that I could put up on alternate years. 
My sleigh which I bought then filled with Christmassy bits and comes out each year to grace the table, except it was being used yesterday for the newsletters, so is shown atop the piano.  I realised later that the baubles have all moved around, so must remember to fix.
Seeing our woodburner doesn't need lighting at this time of year, I've placed this beautiful timber ornament on top with a lovely red rose from my garden.  This particular item was bought in an arcade in Skipton, North Yorkshire back in 2016 when we were over visiting family & friends.  I was surprised to see Christmas decorations out in September for sale.

My lot done now and off to "hopefully" still be able to link.  I think I've already visited everyone & really appreciated all that have joined in with their lovely decorations.
Take care all, stay safe & huggles from down under.


23 comments:

  1. It's not unusual unusual to see shops selling their Christmas goods in September here but too early methinks. I do like your decorations and especially the wooden ornament on your woodburner.
    Your festive wall hanging is beautiful. I'm enjoying the Chrimbly countdown on blogs this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen & I'm with you on too early & too commercial, as that is not what Christmas is about. Though, this year maybe it is helping us through in these weird circumstances & Kate's countdown is getting me into the spirit too.

      Delete
  2. Your wreath is lovely, understated but I like it. Yes Christmas does start early over here but I do wish it would wait till November! Your quilt wall hanging is prefect. Keep sewing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. Not as much decorating these days without kids & no grandchildren under teenagers now, but I still do a bit.

      Delete
  3. How lovely to see some of your decorations. The shops start displaying their Christmas wares earlier and earlier and there are some shops which sell nothing but Christmas decorations which are open all year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo & we have Christmas shops, but are generally only open from about Sept/Oct. each year.

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos Susan, I remember struggling with festive greenery turning crisp when we lived in Africa, your simple summer proof version makes perfect sense :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate & a big thanks for hosting too. I may not have any inclination to decorate this year if it hadn't been for the countdown, though I'd had plenty of thoughts for my Chrissy baking. Ta!

      Delete
  5. It’s strange to think of Christmas being a scorcher ... it is pretty chilly over here at the moment 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it can be hot, but today is blowing a gale & quite cool. I just hope we don't get the fires this year.

      Delete
  6. Glad to see someone has decorations up, as there is no sign of Christmas in this house at this stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy & it's all I've done so far, but will put the tree up this year so I can get some pics for the countdown, as I don't always do that now that family have grown up & live so far away.

      Delete
  7. lovely to see your photos and your decorations Susan - good idea to have a wreath that works - I still have nothing up here but the fire's lit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. I'm just hoping my wreath doesn't blow away with the wind today & it's quite cool too.

      Delete
  8. I like all these, especially the wooden ornament and the sleigh, they look really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All lovely Christmas decorations, even the "simple" wreath and your quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your timber forest scene, looks perfect on top of the fireplace. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I think I saw that shop still there last year in the big arcade at the top end of Skipton. Can't think what it is called off hand. I'll let you know later.

      Delete
  11. You have some lovely decorations Susan, ours aren't out of their boxes yet:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I wasn't going to bother until Kate put up the Chrimbly Countdown, so thought I'd join in too. I usually wait till 2 weeks before, (our eldest son's birthday) & go from there, but this is a bit of fun after the lousy year.

      Delete
  12. Great pictures, lovely decorations.
    Happy December Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete