Tuesday 3 November 2020

TWO LINK UP PARTIES in one post.

Today, this is a quick post for 2 link-ups, being.........

Linking with Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs.
Linking with Sandra from MMM Quilts.



I'll start with Dreami!

I'd designed this quilt a little while back and after I finished in the quiltalong on my Panademia quilt, I decided to use some more scraps I'd found while foraging to do the QAL.  The big problem was that I was supposed to be working on a baby quilt for a friend in UK.  Ah, what a dilemma, so I worked on both during October.


Up Hill and Down Dale once done sat on the design board for a few days whilst I quilted & bound the baby quilt.  Now although not finished, the photo below shows I am still working on it now, so it was sort of a drop everything & make a start.

2.  Favourite finish for October.
The baby quilt is for this one and it is now on it's way to UK & will hopefully arrive shortly.
I wasn't sure what to do, then happened on some panels I'd seen, so ordered them from a shop I know well, by phone & actually received them the next day.  Poor hubby had been waiting for a parcel too & it took 5 weeks & was actually closer to home than the quilt shop, but as we've not been able to go into Melbourne because of restrictions, post has been the only way if you need something.

                                                        This one is called "Luv from Oz."
                                            The back is a lovely soft flannel with teddy bears.

Hubby has had a bit of a Dreami moment too.
A patchwork trivet made from the leftovers of my bowl I showed on a previous post.  Isn't he clever.
                                                                            I love it.

Off now to do my linkups before they close.
Take care all, stay safe & huggles.
Susan.




12 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilts but I especially love that baby quilt. You've got K in on the patchwork now, that's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I once asked if he'd like to learn to sew & the answer was a definite, 'no'. He knows plenty about patchwork though, after 40+ years of living with it.

      Delete
  2. I love the front of the baby quilt, it's just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice, I thought you'd like the animals.

      Delete
  3. Some of those squirrels do grab us and then we drop them for a little bit only to pick them up again (sometimes as a second helping of squirrel, like my pumpkin quilt!). I really like your design and will be watching to see how you quilt it. Thank you for linking up with DrEAMi and for reminding me to head over to Cheryl's if it isn't too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra & for hosting one of these linkups, which I'm sure is keeping a lot of us motivated at the moment.

      Delete
  4. I felt sure I'd previously commented ...
    The baby quilt is lovely.
    Happy November Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects by 2 creative people, well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. K's catching the patching bug too, although in wood.

      Delete
  6. Looking good! Love the quilts and K's creation! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, wish you could have seen the baby quilt. See you soon.

      Delete