Friday 30 October 2020

OCTOBER PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT 2020

 



Today I'm linking with the lovely Kate at I live, I love, I craft, I am me to post our photos for this month of October.

As I'm still struggling with mojo, this will be plain & simple.

1.  SWEET TREAT.

CUPCAKES.
Some very old embroideries done probably around 2009/10 & never finished as life took over.
Found them a little while ago & have been thinking of incorporating them into a table runner, but it filled the bill as "sweet treat" with cupcakes, a pot of tea & cup.

2.  STARTS WITH A W......
NARRACAN FALLS.

W is for waterfall.  About an hour's drive from home,  this photo was taken in 2018 & I still can't believe it was that long ago.

3.  READING NOW.
LANDSCAPE.

I am rereading some articles in my old Landscape magazines, which I really love and as I've not been able to concentrate on much lately it's been great revisiting beautiful gardens, crafts people & their studios & work, plus lots of other interesting bits'n'pieces.

4.  HOBBY/CRAFTING.
Lucky me, with a clever hubby who has a hobby, which entails crafting.
                                         A bookstand in the making for one of our granddaughters.
I'll of course show it again, once finished.

5.  SOMETHING PURPLE.
A lovely iris, which my DD gave me from one of her plants.  It has surpassed itself this year after not                                                                     flowering last year.
                  My violas in the velvety shade of deep purple with their little smiling faces.
                                               These 2 photos above were taken this morning.

6.  MY OWN CHOICE.
My first 2 strawberries off my plant I put in a "strawberry pot"😋.  I took this photo late this afternoon, then picked them & we shared with a small amount of ice cream & they were definitely scrumptious.

OK, my lot for this month & although not as exciting what I'm sure the others will be, it's done.  If only the worry & anxiety would abate, but can't see it happening for some time to come.

Please take care all, stay safe & huggles from down under.
Susan.













9 comments:

  1. I like the quirky book stand, it'll look great filled with books, and the violas are a gorgeous colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever hubby you have. I too like waterfalls and with the recent wet weather here there are plenty do be seen. You can't beat the taste of freshly picked home grown strawberries. That's one crop I do grow, in pots in my greenhouse. My favourite has to be your purple photos. I like purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, K is a very 'handy chap' :) those strawberries look good - ours were snatched by the blackbirds this year, we can't be too cross as we do encourage them to come into the garden :) thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embroideries are lovely and certainly fit the bill for Sweet Treat. K is very talented, love the bookstand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you pictures Susan. They are always original and interesting. Love the book stand - well done 'K'. I was just imagining it filled with books. Lucky Granddaughter. Strawberries look delicious but my favourite are your violas with their happy smiley faces. Keep well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such nice strawberries. I am addicted to juicy fresh strawberries do very envious. The violas are so pretty and love the waterfall. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. The perfect sweet treat, calorie free!
    Aren't you lucky to have a crafty husband like that, that will be a lovely bookstand.
    Beautiful flowers and those strawberries look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan. It was lovely to read your post and admire those photographs. That's a lovely bookstand and a great way to display a good selection of books. Those strawberries made me think of warm summer days. It's going to be a long cold winter this year. stay safe, sane and cosy... or should that be cool bearing in mind that your weather is getting better as ours turns cold and wet. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The viola's are a gorgeous colour, and the strawberries so yummy!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete