Saturday 19 December 2020

CHRIMBLY COUNTDOWN 18TH DECEMBER 2020.

 Linking with Kate from I live, I love, I craft, I am me once again for December & the word for today was Christmas Tree.  As I missed last weeks due to I'net problems, I was determined to join in this week.  I must admit to still not feeling very festive, so have had to go to my archives.

Here are a few from past years and yes, they have all probably been shown before at some time.

The floating Christmas tree on the bay at Geelong and which comes out each year for display.  I took this photo in 2014.

                                                                     Making Do...............
Trying to celebrate Christmas while renting  in between house moves and all decorations are packed & stored away.

Two of DH's woodwork creations depicting trees.  The one on the left as decoration  for the Christmas tree & the one on the right to stand atop the desk or dresser.  I painted it green, then added glue & glittered it, to represent tinsel.  

My lot done for this part of the countdown.
Take care all, stay safe & hugs from a mild down under.
Susan.💖




19 comments:

  1. Christmas certainly isn't the same for anyone this year with the virus hanging over our heads and restrictions in place. It's a very different Christmas for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo & sure is different this year & with cases again here in Oz, our reprieve was definitely short.

      Delete
  2. Your floating Christmas tree is unusual, well it is for us as we are a good hour's drive from the sea. However I love your stick tree. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M & we are about an hour from Bass Strait or Westernport Bay, but the actual "sea" is a few hours away, but then us Aussies are used to long distance driving.(giggle).

      Delete
  3. Beautiful floating tree - very elegant - must look magical at night with the reflections and lights :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. We've not been over that way this year due to restrictions, but I'd love to see it in the dark. It was coming on dusk the day I took the photo, just so we could see the changing colours of the lights. Maybe next year.

      Delete
  4. Hi Susan. It's nice to see a post from you again. Those Christmas trees are each special in their own way aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. It's been weird here lately, basically out of lock down with no new cases in Vic., but now it is all back on again as N.S.W. has a 2nd wave, especially around Sydney & we probably won't see our boys for some time to come now. Ugh.........

      Delete
  5. All I can say is it's been a year like no other and I can't get in the Christmas spirit at all. It's nice to look back at Christmases past through photo archives though. Your trees are all special and hold fond memories for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Certainly a year we don't want to remember, but we will & it will go down in history.

      Delete
  6. Love your make do Christmas tree and the floating tree is wonderful. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. When the kids were younger we used to find a leafless gum branch, nuts still attached & decorate that. Was going to do it this year, but alas, life seemed to get in the way.

      Delete
  7. I love the floating tree. Quite a sight! As you know I also like a twiggy tree.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I sort of like doing "make do".

      Delete
  8. I commented on this once but it hasn't appeared, however my internet has been playing up recently so maybe that's why. I like the floating tree but to be honest it's too modern for me; I do like your little twig tree through, it looks really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. Bit too modern for me too, but still fascinating to see it on the water. No tree here this year, as I just couldn't bring myself to put it up.

      Delete
  9. Oooh, I love the floating tree, that must be a fun sight to see in real life.
    The twig trees are certainly the "in" tree this year, I like how you added bows to yours. And wooden trees are always nice.
    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Astrid. Twig trees have been my go to since our children were small & they were all born in the 70's, so I must have been an "in" lady way back then.

      Delete
  10. Great variety of trees Susan, Hope you're day tomorrow is special

    ReplyDelete