Saturday 17 April 2021

FRIDAY PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT - APRIL - PURPLE.

First off, a big THANK YOU to all the comments on my last post.  Life has been a little hectic of late, family visitors and a friend who has just undergone major surgery.

Joining in the photo hunt and linking with Astrid.

PURPLE.

First up, a plethora of purple flowers.

Taken at Harlow Carr on our trip in 2011.

These next three were taken on our trip in 2014.

Crocus I think (or maybe colchicum) at Sissinghurst Castle.

The Stray in Harrogate.

Yorkshire countryside.
The last photo was from a day out following the route of the cyclists on the Yorkshire leg of the Tour de France.

Clematis on a wall at York Gate garden in 2016.



We visited Crich Tram museum in 2014 & I remembered this tram on display.  Temple Newsam is somewhere that is quite memorable for both Keith and I.  For me it is where I first met my blog pal Jo, from Through the Keyhole & hubby has a family story about the house, which is either myth or true, but a good yarn anyway.
Way back in 2011 whilst in UK, we attended my niece's wedding and took a quilt with me for their present & she had requested some purple to be included as it is her favourite colour.
The only photo I have of it.
Designed on my trusty Quilt Wizard and I called it Chelsfield Star.



Our place names on the table at the wedding reception.
One last photo which you may have seen recently, but just had to include it for this colour., as it is craft by both of us.
The quilt I made for our eldest granddaughter which I want to deliver in person, so hopefully sometime this year and the lovely "purple" window frame by hubby which is now on the brick wall on the verandah.
OK..............my lot done and dusted for this week and hope you enjoy.  We've done purple before and I think I've shown different from last time.  Hopefully.!!
Take care all, stay safe & hugs from down under.
Susan.😊


22 comments:

  1. I loved every single one of those photo's. I've been to Harlow Carr many times and hope to go again this year. I really like those challenges as it certainly opens my eyes to possibilities. Have a great weekend and stay safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie & I'd love to see you join in too. I think we've been to Harlow Carr each time we've been across along with Bolton & Fountains Abbey and also Whitby, all places I love to revisit. Have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos of purple Susan. The quilt for your granddaughter is lovely and she's sure to treasure it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Seems I take more purple flowery snaps in UK than here.(lol)

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos Susan. We’ve not managed to get to Harlow Carr as yet, but it’s most definitely on my list. We did stay in The Priests House at Sissinghurst a number of years ago ... with the White Garden as our garden ... it was lovely and out of season so the gardens were closed so we had the place all to ourselves. Take care πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Always get to Harlow Carr when over & spent the day there for my 70th.

      Delete
  4. Love your photos as they are mostly of places I am familiar with! The purple tram from Temple Newsam is wonderful, a place we've not been to for ages. For me the last picture is my favourite, that quilt is wonderful and the purple windowbox is fab. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. I think I might be missing the fact we won't be coming across again this year, showing lots of what we've seen in the past.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely lot of purple pictures. The quilt you have made for your grand daughter is really lovely as is the last one. I love the purple clematis - reminds me of a trip here from South Africa to visit Kate in Devon and all the gardens there had gorgeous clematis - a plant I did not know and huge blousy hydrangeas. Though my favourite is K's lovely purple window. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I often wonder if on bright days, colours get a bit washed out by the harsh sun here in summer, hence more floral photos of better quality are taken by me in UK.

      Delete
  6. I loved all your photos Susan - good to hear you in better form. - we're finally being partially let out next week - can't wait. Hairdressers here we come lol. What a great idea for wedding place settings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. My hair is way too long at the moment, but I just tie it back & as we seem to be having continually windy days here, at least it doesn't end up everywhere in my eyes & mouth(lol).

      Delete
  7. Lovely purple things, Susan. I love all your photos. Been to Crich Tramway Museum several times but I don't remember the purple tram, we must look out for that when we can visit again. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. It was back in 2014 we went & that is 7 years ago now.

      Delete
  8. Such a wonderful collection of purple things.
    Great post and pictures.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely ideas there for the colour purple, and all linked to the UK too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Seems the colour purple photographs better in your light or we are there at the right time for purple flowers.

      Delete
  10. As always wonderful photos. Ahh, the Yorkshire ones... Just a year and a half ago, I was there... I bought some heather for our garden this year; saw it in a neighbours' garden, loved it and thought I have to have some! And we found some at an outdoor garden centre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I have a type of heather in this garden, though not the wild English variety. We were there in August 2019 to see family & celebrate my 70th.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful purple flowers. What a fun place to meet your friend. Those quilts are stunning, and the window frame is lovely. Thanks for joining in! I didn't realize until later that Kate had already done purple. Hopefully that will be the one and only duplicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Astrid, but I'm sure repeats aren't a problem & may make us thing outside the box.

      Delete