Sunday 30 May 2021

SKEWIFF - A DreAMi Post.

Linking with my good friend Sandra from mmm.quilts for our "drop everything and make it" linkup.

I quite often find I want to make one of the quilts I design on my Quilt Wizard program & other things can get in the way, but sometimes the squirrel take over.  The quilt below was one that wasn't getting away.

I'm afraid the photo isn't too good as it's been so inclement here of late and with very poor light in this house I've done the best I can.  The little green clown car is one of DH's squirrels & the bonnet & boot go up and down in time with the little clown behind the windshield.  I'll try and get better ones of it later outside, when we have a dry and sunny day.  All made from my stash and quilted & bound this month.

Another squirrel is appearing, but this one is being made because I found some leftover triangles lurking in a basket I was cleaning up & thought were too good to throw away.
I sewed them into pinwheels & stuck them on the design board seeing which way they might look best - on point or straight, then voila....................an idea struck and today I'm up to this.......
It will be a baby quilt to give away when finished.  I really did this by the seat of my pants as they say, with no drawings, diagrams or anything else.  Border idea is shown at the bottom.

Talking of my projects on the go, I have 2 quiltalongs I'm participating in, one being Sandra's "Follow Your Own Path"  with our reveal on June 15th and a drawn out one by my friend Joy from
 Days Filled with Joy which has embroidery and piecing.  Below is how far along I am with Joy's QAL, Lets Stay Home".
Best go and get some more of my binding sewn down tonight on the second of my FYOP's while watching some mindless TV and trying to calm the anxiety which has come again with our new strict lockdown because of this damn pandemic crisis.  And yes, I am stressed and so glad I have my quilting and garden to keep me busy and we went for a good walk this afternoon as the sun had come out although it is very cold with another frosty morning tomorrow.  We aren't allowed to go anywhere, except for food, medical appointments, work or caring for someone., so for us it is stay at home and hope it won't last long.
Please take care all, stay safe & huge hugs from down under.
Susan.





18 comments:

  1. I didn't know Australia was in another lockdown. As much as I hate the phrase herd immunity, I hope your country gets it soon as it is such a relief to get things open again.

    I love your projects and especially enjoy seeing your pinwheel blocks go from blocks into arrangement. Great design and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marti & DH & I have had our first jab, with another due mid June.

      Delete
  2. I didn't realise you were in lockdown again, I do hope it doesn't last too long. We are easing out of it now but with the Indian variant of the virus spreading I expect we will be in lockdown again before too long. Your quilts are lovely. Take care and stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yet again!!!!Ours is also the Indian variant which has them really worried. Thanks for liking the quilts.

      Delete
  3. You have some lovely projects on the go, it's nice to have a choice so that you can pick up whichever one is calling to you at the time. We're supposed to be coming out of lockdown but every day they say something to prepare us for it not to happen so I'm not counting my chickens. Daniel finally got his first jab this last week, not sure how as they're only up to vaccinating over 30s at the moment and he's 26, but he got called for. I'm hoping we'll be able to see him again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I'm really beginning to wonder what is ahead for the next few years & our 2nd jab is due mid June, but the roll out here seems all over the place. We were lucky we saw oldest son the weekend before last for 2 days. First time since Aug. 2018. Grrrr!!! Only DD is close enough when we can visit anybody, so the other 3 can be seen whenever there is window of opportunity, interstate & overseas, maybe in the distant future.

      Delete
  4. How beautiful they all are. I didn't realise this darn pandemic is still causing problems over there. Please be careful and stay safe. It will all be over one day. Until then we keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. After 86 free days, it all happened again. I'm feeling quite down, but know I'm not alone and will keep calm & carry on quilting.(giggle). I do still have a sense of humour, I hope.

      Delete
  5. Love your squirrels! They are both beautiful... and your blocks are looking great! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I thought you'd like to see them, seeing we can't come over at the moment due to the lockdown.

      Delete
  6. Lovely DrEAMI quilt projects! I can totally relate to quilting being your sanity during lockdown, as I felt that way, too. Let the squirrels run rampant! :o))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, and squirrels are good during our lockdowns, especially in winter when it's not always dry & warm in the garden.

      Delete
  7. I love these projects, especially your first one the squirrel that didn’t get away! Doesn’t it feel so good to have something go from your head into real life? So sorry about another lockdown. We are still in this latest though it’s kind of a mockdown since our provincial leader is an idiot. Thanks for linking up with DrEAMi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra & I'm glad I found your blog as you keep me motivated. A mockdown, now that does sound interesting.

      Delete
  8. You have some lovely projects on the go ...

    We've been reading and hearing about your strict lockdown, this pandemic is not over yet!
    Here in the UK some of our restrictions have eased but many papers still talk about a third wave! We will have to wait and see.

    I do think it helps to keep busy, and your lovely projects must help you.

    Take care, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan & I do hope that you don't get another wave, as we all need some sort of normality back in our lives. It's best to keep busy too.

      Delete
  9. Great projects, I love to see how they are coming together.

    ReplyDelete