Monday 27 March 2023

CATCHING UP.........ONCE AGAIN!

 This will be a quick post with a quilt and more silos.

We've had a hectic few weeks.....again, so I'm way behind on getting to the computer & very few photos have been taken as although we need some rain, it's been so overcast and nothing happens, though it has poured down in some places.  Ah, the vagaries of weather.

I'm joining in with my friend Sandra's DrEaMi once again, as the one thing that I did start & get to flimsy stage, was a quilt which I designed some time ago & then did the "naughty" thing of a purchase of fabric on the way home, back in January, from our little trip to see our granddaughter before she left for UK.  It caught my attention in a quilt shop in Goulburn, as I'd used it some years back in a different colourway and I'd had it for some time then.    I'd had no intention of starting another quilt at the time as I have quite a few that need quilting, but they will get done hopefully.

I've called this one SHIRALEE.
Once I've quilted it, I'll explain about the name.

Now I'll show a few more photos from our Silo Trail trip with just a caption of where they are.
Sheep Hills.

Rosebery

Patchewollock.
Couldn't help but put a "patchwork" quilt in one of the snaps I took.
I had it with me as I'd been handsewing the binding whilst away.😊

These two corrugated iron birds were also at Patchewollock.


The silo above & the pretty rubbish bin were both at Lascelles. 


We also visited the most amazing shed.  I'll see if I can put a link on about it's history.
The exterior of the Stick Shed at Murtoa.
The next two photos were hard to take for good exposure, but you should still be able to be amazed at the size.
Interior photos.

You may see the full history of the shed here,  https://www.thestickshed.com.au/

OK, that is my lot for today and I must get to the PC more often to catch up.  We try and stay busy, but lately just seems to have been hectic with all sorts.  Hope everyone had a great weekend and a good week ahead.
Take care all and hugs from Susan.

14 comments:

  1. It's so easy to get tempted with crafting supplies but they all get used eventually. The quilt is lovely, a pretty design. That shed is huge, it would take a lot of grain to fill that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. The shed is gobsmackingly awesome & we'd wanted to see it for years. It was well worth it.

      Delete
  2. I really must use up the Christmas themed fabric that I bought two years ago. I don't allow myself to look at fabric any more as I'd be too tempted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. I'm tempted too & can usually be good, but this was worth it, being quite a bit cheaper than some around.

      Delete
  3. Lovely quilts and the silos are fascinating. The size of the shed is amazing. I'm going to follow your link and read about it. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I put the link on because the statistics were too much to remember all at once, but when you've got your head around them, it's astonishing what they used to accomplish many years ago.

      Delete
  4. Lovely to see your photographs.
    The quilt looks lovely, a nice design.
    My goodness ... that shed is huge!

    Take care and enjoy this last week of March.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy travel pictures of places I never knew about. Those silos are impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those poles!!! I'd like to see what the shed looked liked filled up! And those silos are so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. The silos are beautiful & I've not put them all on yet. The shed is awesome.

      Delete
  7. Those silos just amaze me! Love the pink Shiralee quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra & I really need to do a few more posts of the Silo Trail.

      Delete