Monday 3 April 2023

FAVOURITE FINISH for March & more.

 

Joining in once again with Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs link up for a favourite finish, but.....deary me, I couldn't make up my mind as I'd actually got a few finally done.

Two are actually patterns from Cheryl, one as a QAL recently and a freebie she had on her blog.              The other one was from one of my UFO baskets from a few years back.  Not too sure about the photos as we've not had the best weather for photography, so yesterday being a little sunnier later in the day, I snapped away the best I could, though no "In the Wild" shots as we are still one car down & MM isn't up to long journeys at the moment.      

Board & Batten, which I did post for the final link up, but unquilted at the time.
This quilt will be given to one of our car club members who has just become a grandfather for the first time.  (a granddaughter)

This was the freebie pattern called Candy Circle, which I made from a leftover jelly roll and backgrounds from my stash.

The backing fabric purchased as a remnant from Said with Love, earlier this year.

Lastly I'd found some half cut & made blocks from a layer cake purchase that I'd started many years ago and just wasn't sure they were OK, but then thought if I finished it as a lap size, it may be gifted when I needed a more boyish type quilt.  The pattern was from a book by Pam & Nicky Lintott from The Quilt Room in the UK.
I've called this Coffee to Go, as the fabric depicted coffee cups etc., and I used a chocolate print for the borders.


A Few More Silo Trail Photos.

                                                                     SEA LAKE.





                               
                                                                         NULLAWIL.



                                                                            AVOCA.
This one actually glows at night.
OK, my lot for today and I've still got catching up to do on a few different things, including finishing up the Silo Trail holiday.
Hope everyone had a great weekend and hopefully our big car will be home this week after it's little incident and I'll be able to throw camera and quilts in back for photo shoots in the wild.

Take care all and hugs from Susan.

15 comments:

  1. Good morning lovely lady. Those wilts are beautiful as always. The silo art is stunning isn't it. Have a lovely day... we have sunshine ☀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. How did I make that mistake. Of course I meant quilts.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Cherie & we all have slippery fingers at times.

      Delete
  2. The quilts are gorgeous as always. So many silos, I'm sure you can guess my favourite from these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo & would it be the dogs, though I know we both adore donkeys too.

      Delete
  3. Lovely quilts, I like the way you display them. Love your old sewing machine, I have my Mum's old Singer machine made in 1938. Hope all is well with your car. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie, I do have fun with my photo shoots. My Mum had an old Singer too & I couldn't reach the pedal, so didn't get to sew till I was 7, when she purchased an electric one. Car is home again now.

      Delete
  4. I love the quilts and the silo pictures are great. Hope you car is better. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyndsey, glad you enjoyed the silos, as I've more to come & the car is better.

      Delete
  5. The quilts are so lovely and I enjoyed seeing the silos.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three fun finishes, Susan! I see why you couldn't pick one!!! Great B & B quilt, and a gift for a friend, too! I've always liked that Candy Circle pattern! And the backing is soooo good! Nice layer cake finish! And enjoy seeing your sights!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy for the lovely comment & the silo trail is amazing.

      Delete
  7. Lovely finishes Susan! I made that Pam and Nicky Lintott quilt too when I was chosen as the designer of the month for Henry Glass :-) I love Cheryl’s QAL one too, a great eye-catching design. Lucky grandpa to receive it! Wonderful silos- the dog one wow!

    ReplyDelete