Tuesday 12 March 2013

10 DAY HEATWAVE NEARING END

 Tomorrow will hopefully bring a much needed cool change, although no rain is expected.  About a week of somewhat cooler temperatures before we start to climb back into the thirties next Wednesday.  I am writing this at 8.30pm and it is still over 28 deg.

COUNTRY CHARMER.

The photo below is the mock-up of my country charmer block, a pattern from Lynn at Sew'n Wild Oaks.
This one will be a table runner consisting of 3 blocks.  I'm sure a lot of eye-brows will be raised by choice of colours.


One Block.
 MAGNOLIA.

This is our magnolia, flowering very much out of season.  The photo was taken last night at dusk.  Tonight two more flowers are just opening.
Buds


Open flower.




GD "M"'s XMAS PRESENT
Hubby made this cradle for one of our 5 year old granddaughters.  She loves it and always has dolls in it.

Doll cradle.
LOTS OF BITS.
This week has brought a little bit of a bounty.  Hubby found the latest Chelsea flower show DVD for me.
My CC pattern arrived, and a few days later the postie delivered my March Yorkshire Life and a local bulb catalogue.  The bulb catalogue has quite a few things I would like.

Lovely things.

SIMPLE CHEESECAKE.
This simple cheesecake is dessert tonight along with a little rhubarb and cream.  The rhubarb is one thing that is really doing well in the garden.
Tonight's dessert.
Well that has been the last couple of days with not doing too much in this heat.  Just the necessary stuff.

4 comments:

  1. You've got a very clever hubby, the doll's cradle is beautiful, your grandaughter must be thrilled to bits with it. I've never bought a copy of Yorkshire Life, even though I live in Yorkshire, I must have a look at it. The cheesecake looks delish, one of my favourite desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when it's time for the magnolias to flower, they are always stunning. That cradle is really lovely.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table runner will be gorgeous...I love the mix of colurs, so bright and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why would anyone raise their eyes at your fabric choices? Nothing to do with anyone else: your quilt, your fabric, your decision! Looks great and well done for getting started on CC which is more than I have achieved ...

    ReplyDelete