Sunday 11 August 2013

CHRISTMAS QAL

This is just a quick post.
I've done some work on my QAL blocks during the last 2 weeks and have only done the bows on 5 out of the 9 so far.
Joanna asked if the design was my own, but I'm afraid it is not this time.  The pattern was from a QNM free sheet which I used to get each Xmas as I had an overseas subscription.  It is called ROWS OF BOWS and is the Christmas Memory 1988 designed by Allison Gray.
Below is a photo of 3 while I was trying out sashing and cornerstone ideas.


That's all for now and I want to thank everyone for commenting on my last post.  We've been ever so busy with different things that I keep running out of time.  Have a lovely Sunday.

11 comments:

  1. Those are cute. I love the fat little bows. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those bows really make the presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking great. Don't the bows just finish the parcels off beautifully?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These parcels look good enough to open, Susan. Great job! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely presents. I look forward to your finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny how something as simple as a bow can make a project look Christmassy, they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your row of bows is wonderful! Will enjoy seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan it looks really good. I am looking forward to seeing it all done. I'd love to get my teeth into a big project but am struggling for time usually. I'd love to make a big patchwork quilt but it would take me years! Maybe a job for retirement but then again I have a way to go yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy seeing your quilts, you are so talented. I can't believe you're thinking about Christmas crafting already, but when I think about it I probably should be too, if I'm going to make half of the gifts I plan on making! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to meeting you next week Susan, hope you're trip goes well this weekend. You have some lovely work on your blog.

    ReplyDelete