Sunday 4 August 2013

OLD CAR, NEW CAR

Well, this weekend saw our old car traded for a newer car.  We've made the decision as we are coming up to retirement to replace our larger car with a newer model.  We use this most of the time and also pull our caravan with it.  We will let my little one go as soon as I am comfortable driving this new one.  Registrations for three cars in retirement is just too much.  One car should be fine once we feel comfortable with all the changes.

Old car

New car
Once we had picked up the car on Saturday, we went to our daughter's for the day.  It was quite cold so we spent most of our time indoors, catching up on news and playing with our two grandchildren.  Later we finished those little birds I showed  in an earlier post.  Daughter also supplied  hooks and handiwork for some earrings I purchased at the show last week.  The Eiffel Towers are for a friend for Xmas and the owls for me.  She also finished some pink ones for herself.

Pink bird is daughters and blue bird mine along with our earrings.
I wasn't going to buy anything at the Craft and Quilt Show last week, but below is what I came home with.


Today I popped into the garden for a while and picked a small bunch of flowers.  I put these into a little vase and placed them on the shelves in the lounge room.  I also found that I have flowers on some iris below the weeping cherry.  We have lived in this house for nine years and the iris have come up every year, but never flowered, but to my surprise we have 4 buds.  I think they are going be a pale mauve.

Iris and some daffs.

2 different azaleas, rhodendron and a hellebore.
Not a lot done this weekend really, but very enjoyable.  Hope everyone has a lovely week.
Susan.

14 comments:

  1. Lots of new things at your place. Looks like you picked up some nice patterns and such at the show. I have bearded iris in the yard and love them; they have a beautiful clean scent and delicate flower but are very hardy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These iris are actually the Dutch variety,but I do have bearded as well. Must try out the bowmakers soon.

      Delete
  2. Those kind of weekends are the best sort! Quiet, time with family and time to potter at home. Lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a lot of pottering at home and sometimes don't think I achieve much, but love spending time with family.

      Delete
  3. Lovely new car. I did have to laugh though at you statement that you weren't going to buy anything at the show - been there, said that, got the t-shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the car is lovely, but now I have to pluck up the courage to drive it. My car is only small and I've been driving that for 14 years. I've driven largish when the kids were young so where does the confidence go. Must try out a few of the shopping items before long, though I did use the owls and towers already.

      Delete
  4. Nice car, Susan. And I like the look of the stuff you weren't going to buy! :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble with shows, is that you want to try lots of new things.

      Delete
  5. Your little stash from the craft and quilt show looks rather interesting. Your new car is lovely. I'm sure you'll build up your confidence driving it in no time at all. Embrace life's journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must try a couple of those things from the craft fair and when hubby isn't working, I'll have a go at driving the new car.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely new car, I'm sure you'll soon get used to driving it. I love the little birdies and the earrings, especially the owls. It's a fruitless exercise going to shows with the intention not to spend, there's always something which catches the eye. Glad you had a nice weekend, I love to spend time at home with not much going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, yes I'll get to all those things sooner or later.

      Delete
  7. Have fun driving the new car! I love the little birds.

    ReplyDelete