Thursday 8 August 2013

QUILTING ---- HELP NEEDED!!!!!!

Below is a photo of a quilt I made from a Block of the Month, some years ago, (only kit I've ever bought).  I really need to get on with quilting it for our local Lioness Biennial Quilt show in September.  My initial thoughts were to custom quilt it, but I've done one before where I wasn't able to quilt over the stitcheries and it really flopped out badly.  I think I will do an allover on mine in a Roses and Ribbons pattern.  I am now asking if other quilters think this will be OK?

This was the kit called Sahara's Quilt.  I enjoyed doing the stitcheries and although I didn't pick the colours I do love it.
As I've not been feeling the best on this new blood pressure medication, I've not got a lot done except the necessities of ordinary everyday life.  Yesterday I made the decision to finally quilt the third table runner sitting waiting on the machine, for now nearly three weeks. I made it simple, but am quite pleased with it.

Table runner

Closeup of centre quilting.
I've also done some work on the Xmas Quiltalong ready for this coming weekend. Being so extremely tired, nothing much is being attempted of an evening, though I am trying.  Just want to have as much energy and enthusiasm as I did 18 months ago.  Everyone can give me a bit of a push occasionally.
I'll tell more about what I am putting in the quilt show over the coming weeks.
Have a lovely weekend all my fellow bloggers, even though it is Friday tomorrow, my hubby has that and Saturday off this week, so my weekend starts then.
Susan.




5 comments:

  1. Sorry I can't help, as you know, needle and thread is not my forte. I love your table runner though, the centre quilting is lovely and looks very complicated to do. Hope you're feeling better soon, but in the meantime, try to take things easy and don't do too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your tablets have been making you unwell... it is frustrating when there is so much you want to do...

    With the quilting, I would have said custom... if you do all over, are you going to quilt over the stitcheries too? It is a lovely quilt, looking forward to seeing it quilted! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be worried to quilt over the stitched panels - I can't see how that would look (in my head)- but you have to do something with 'em! An all over wouldn't be intrusive, I guess. Sorry, I'm not much help on that one. :-(

    The runner is fab! Love that centre quilting, it really suits it!

    Sorry to hear that your energy levels are not what they could be - I guess it's a juggling act to get the meds right.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you put in the quilt show, and hope to see you at the weekend over at Joanna's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table runner looks beautiful. I would trust your judgment on how to quilt the quilt; it seems to on target. Hope you feel better and can enjoy your weekend. Taking things easy sounds like good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't quilt over the stitcheries - I think I would do something like a feathered wreath in the pieced blocks, and soe smale scale meanderf quilting round the stitcheries. I hope that helps!
    I'm sorry you are under the weather- I hope you feel better soon.
    Have a good weekend, Anne x

    ReplyDelete