Wednesday 4 June 2014

WEDNESDAY MORNING SEWING

Ah, it's now nearly tea time, but this morning was "sewing morning" with Joy from Days filled with Joy.  We had a great time chatting and sewing.
Below a photo of what Joy was working on at the table I can now set up for her sewing machine.  It's a little tight in the space, but it's more about the fun side.

 Joy has been working away on this 100 patch, which is made up of 100 2" inch squares.  She will be putting 12 of these blocks together and I can't wait to see the whole quilt and the setting she decides to use.

She also put the binding on this one she had made and quilted whilst still living in Saudi Arabia.  Shown hanging over Bubs.  It is so pretty and bright with a lovely quilting pattern from Hermione Agee.  We couldn't remember the name of that particular pattern.

Now, what did I get up to!  I showed the making of this little bed runner on my last post.  Today I finally got the borders on.

Floral Confetti.
This is sort of another test pattern for Sue from Quilt Times.  I said I'd test Red Sprinkles and she forgot to send the pattern at first, so I did a mock up on "Quilt Wizard", a computer program I have.  When the pattern came through, I'd guessed fairly correctly and went ahead and made it.  Below is a photo of both versions.  They look so different but that is what quilting is all about.  I have so much fun testing for Sue and trying to think outside the box.  It was again made from scraps and my stash.


Well, that is all for now after a very enjoyable day.  I'm off to eat my tea, do some handsewing/crochet tonight whilst watching Phil Spencer in the new series of Secret Agent.  Till next time, take care all.
Susan.

12 comments:

  1. It looks like you've had a great day. There's nothing quite like spending time with like minded people who share the same hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its lovely that you had someone to work with Susan. As Jo says its great having like minded people to share with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good Anne, especially now that I've a better table for her to sew on.

      Delete
  3. It was a lovely morning! Got lots done and had fun :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we soon get plenty more. No post yet? Take care.

      Delete
  4. Oops, I must have accidentally hit a wrong button, cos my comment disappeared! What I was saying was that I loved the quilt Joy was putting the binding on, and I think it's great how different Floral Confetti looks. I'll be interested to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I think I'll pop an allover leaf pattern on Floral Confetti.

      Delete
  5. Its nice to have someone to craft with, and both of your quilts look lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail, it is lovely to have like minded friends.

      Delete
  6. Sewing can be great and extra nice if you have someone to craft along with too ☺

    ReplyDelete