Sunday 31 August 2014

I AM STILL HERE

OK, it's been over a week since we arrived and yes it's been quite hectic, but I've also not had much luck with this mini laptop.  It's operating system is Windows 8.1 and I've been completely confused.  I finally worked out how to load my photos, so will hopefully be able to get some on here now.  If I don't, it will be just this. 
Last Sunday we went to my great niece's christening and caught up with lots of family.  We've had a trip up to Skipton markets and also over to Scarborough to visit my stepdaughter and family.  We popped up to Bolton Abbey, but it rained and we drove over the Dales and back to Leeds.  Yesterday I went to the Quilt Show in Harrogate and met Sue from Quilt Times which was great. Left with hubby about 2.30pm and made our way to Whitby for my birthday tea.  Although the weather left a bit to be desired at times, I had a lovely day.  I came away from the show with 2, 1/2 metres of fabric which I will show in a later post.
Now for a couple of pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather clad hills between Blubberhouses and Otley. (I think).

A stone wall in need of repair.

Hubby walking down the hill towards a church in Whitby.  This street also has a "quilt" shop which I've visited twice before.  I will be going back when she's open as she had some very beautiful fabric in the window.

The view over the harbour to St. Mary's church on the headland.  This is  the view I had whilst eating tea.  I didn't have my long lens with me, but I'll try for more when we go back.

I'll leave it at that for today,  as this has been a trying time with this new laptop, but I've worked out things bit by bit so far.
Take care all and hope you are all having a great weekend.
Susan.

8 comments:

  1. Whitby has been my favourite place in the whole wide world for a very long time. It sounds like you had a super time even if the weather wasn't perfect. Thank you for sharing the pic of the heather. I love the hue of the heather across the moors. What a super colour! Keep enjoying your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitby is somewhere I've been every time we've come over. Have you been to Judith's Fabrics? The heather is a great colour in those great swathes. I'm going to enjoy coming north too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you're having a lovely time. Those photos look very familiar, I don't think you can really mistake Yorkshire, can you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I'm sure the scenery is familiar, but someone once said it's great to see photos of your own area through someone else's eyes. I should send you an email with hubby's phone number as I had thought about going to Temple Newsam tomorrow as we have a ticket with 2 for 1 to many gardens and if it's a nice day, it could be an idea before all the flowers finish for the year.

      Delete
  4. Those charming villages; I love how they look. The heather is gorgeous, too. Looks like you are having a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are charming and of course Whitby has links with Australia, via Captain Cook. The heather is such a beautiful colour and I've never been here at this time of the year to see it.

      Delete
  5. I struggled with my new laptop with the same system to start with, but now 6 months on I am so much better, although still learning more! You will get the hang of it, just give it time and trust the computer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see you're getting to grips with the new laptop. Your photos, as always, are great and I specially love the one with the heather.

    ReplyDelete