Thursday 14 August 2014

SEASIDE

Just a quick post leading up to us going away.  Not sure whether or not I'll be able to post whilst away, but sure will try.  I'll do another over the weekend and we leave on Tuesday.
Last Friday, we had an outing to Geelong (again) to get something signed for our heating rebate.  As we had to wait for the person to return, we headed out to Barwon Heads to eat our lunch, but went for a walk first along the promenade, up the stairs to the lookout and then down and back along the beach.

 From the promenade..

The headland...

 The top of the stairs with signage...

 Looking out to sea.....

Looking west towards Torquay.
Walked back down to the beach and look what I saw.

 A molusc leaving tracks in the sand....

 Very white seaweed.....

 Patterns in the sand......

More seaweed....

 And more...

The cafe at the end of the pier.

 And what do we have here?  A blanket keeping the engine warm on our car.

No, our lunch heating up.  Lovely gooey ham, tomato and cheese croissants I'd made early in the morning.
Don't laugh, but it works.  It was a lovely day out, as we both love the coast.

Next, just a taster of what I hope to get up to once we get back from our holiday.  Over the years I've amassed many quilt tops which still need quilting.  So far this year I've only done one of the many, although I've quilted both baby quilts and 4 of the test patterns for Sue.


This pattern is from QNM no. 187, dated Nov/Dec 1986.  I made it a version of my own around 1997/8, as a result of my late cat Fluffy playing with the blocks laid out on the floor.  I was also going through a very colourful phase.(giggle).


This past week has seen me trying to get some sewing done.  I can't show exactly what it all is, but just a peek.

Well, that's all folks.  Oh, and I didn't make the doorstop.  It was my Xmas present from our youngest and family.  Take care and hope the end of the week goes well my fellow readers.
Susan.

8 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to meeting you when you're here Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful trip; sounds like you're going to Great Britain? Have fun. Lovely pictures, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've guessed right, thanks to someone above.(lol).

      Delete
  3. I hope that you have a wonderful time on your travels Susan!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to heat up your lunch, I'd have never guessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly a funny way, but works well. See you soon and take care.

      Delete