Monday 20 June 2016

AHHHHH! NEARLY DONE..

QUILT.

The embroidered quilt now quilted.

This took up quite a bit of my time last week, but is finally off the machine & ready for binding.  Not the best photo as it has been raining all day and the light is awful.  Some rather expletive words came whilst trying to get patterns in the right place, but I am now pleased with it.

Saturday I sewed these two crochet hook holders, which are quite quick to do.  Some time this week, they will be posted to Amy and Aimee, who both love to crochet.



Sunday saw us head off to Rosebud, which is a bay-side suburb of Melbourne on the Mornington Peninsular (maybe one day I should put a small map on my blog, "somehow"), had some lunch and a quick walk along the shore line, discovering these bits and pieces and taking some photos.  We'd really been cooped up inside for too long with all this miserable weather, so the sea air cleared our heads.  After our walk we headed to my quilty friend's place and had a lovely catchup.

A pearly shell.

A dead puffer fish (we think).  There were quite a few washed up on the shore in various stages of decay.  I found they are quite an odd, but fascinating fish.

Another "I think" is a cold climate coral.

Can you see all the little shells attached to this piece of seaweed?  Hubby said it reminded him of a necklace.

Well, another week gone and another one on it's way.  I've just put the sixth shop quilt on the machine, very large,so a busy few days ahead.
Hope you all have a good week and take care.
Susan.




10 comments:

  1. The quilt is really beautiful. After knowing hardly anything about quilts before I started reading blogs, I've come to appreciate so many different types of quilt patterns and blocks. The crochet hook holder looks very familiar, I'm sure both ladies will be thrilled with their gifts, I love mine. That puffer fish look prehistoric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I think you'd really love having a go with sewing. Thought you may recognise it & one A is a lady & the other A is my granddaughter. The fish had sort of spines & was very strange.

      Delete
  2. The quilt really does look lovely, you are clever. Love the crochet rolls too - very useful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a handsome quilt - well done you! I envy your beach walk - I am missing a good dose of sea air but we have a holiday coming up (eventually!) so I have that to look forward too :) Happy Solstice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn. The beach walk certainly did us good & now it's very windy again, so glad to have got one in.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much, you really are so very kind!! The rolls are beautiful and will be much treasured. Glad you got the quilt sorted! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Amy & will be posting it Thursday, when in town.

      Delete
  5. Well done on your quilting job, it looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I used five of Naomi's patterns and love them to bits.

      Delete