Thursday 23 March 2017

SCAVENGER PHOTO- HUNT FOR MARCH.



Linking up with the lovely Kate for the second hunt of 2017.

1.   FLOWERS.

Single blooms in the Rose Section at the Jindivik Flower & Craft Show.
This, we attended in February 2017.

2.   BAKING or COOKING.

OK, no baking as such, but I've been "THINKING" about making these.

3.   READING.

I've had this little lady, a lo.....ng time and she used to sit atop the piano, but she is very heavy & I thought
she may be damaging it, so she now sits on the floor beside a bookcase.

4.   COMFORTABLE.

Hubby last Wednesday (his birthday outing) trying out a very different seat on the waterfront at Paynesville.
Was he comfortable?  He said it was OK, although I didn't find them so.

5.   FAVOURITE COLOUR.

PINK!!!!  This is my favourite colour. & I've lots of bits & bobs around the house in pink, even though it doesn't lend itself to what I have, as all the walls are a sort of (in my eyes), a dirty apricot.

6.  CANDLE/S

Mainly candle "holders" & this is where they normally reside.
I was going to try & get some candles to fit a couple, but didn't have much luck,
then the light was so poor today, that this is the best I came up with.
Nothing in the archives either.  

7.  HAT.

The pincushion hat I use all the time & which I blogged about the making of it in 2013.

8.  WALK.

This is what you call a WALK.  Across the fields with beautiful views,
then along a canal.  Aah!
From last years archives whilst in England.
A walk at Gargrave, which I enjoyed so much.

9.  FAVOURITE MUG or CUP.

OK, I know, that is 2 mugs.  These live in our picnic basket, so it means we are out & about on a picnic.
You would call them favourites for that reason.

10. MY OWN CHOICE.

I absolutely lovely old bits and pieces & I found the bevy of unusual items at Chiddingstone Castle in Kent.
We were too early to view the castle, but could wander the gardens at our leisure.
I also love that beautiful wall.

That's my lot for this month.
I found them really hard for some reason, but I suppose Kate wants us to think outside the box, with our own interpretations and I think this month I might have gone too far on some.
Looking forward to seeing how the others went.
Thanks for visiting & take care all.
Susan.


22 comments:

  1. It looks like hubby is taking it very easy on his birthday, and why not. A good selection, it's interesting seeing what you come up with each month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Sometimes the words look easy, but when you start thinking about it, it's, oh dear what am I going to use for that. The candle photo was taken 5 minutes before I posted.

      Delete
  2. Excellent selection Susan - you have done yourself proud! I love your interpretations and stories, it show's how varied yet how similar we all are :) K does look very comfortable, but to me they look a little 'hard' on the back and not easy to get off!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. The seats were actually mighty uncomfortable, and the slats dug into my back & being so short it was the wrong shape for me completely. We were only trying them out & went on our way. Thanks for hosting these hunts.








      Delete
  3. Well, now I have something in common with a castle; a junk corner in the yard where stuff gets thrown. It wasn't too hard to figure out which mug is yours, either. Your little reading lady is lovely. I imagine it can be challenging coming up with creative pictures, but you do a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. Coming up with some of the photos is a challenge, but for me (in old age), it keeps the grey matter on its toes & I've always enjoyed photography.

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos as usual Susan! Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Went to call you yesterday, then remembered you're over "there" at the moment.

      Delete
  5. You've come up with some really original interpretations. Lovely photos.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. Love the last photo

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I do love reclamation yards, although this wasn't one. Must do some catchup posts about our trip last year. Found one of the above at a plant nursery & it was great.

      Delete
  7. I love the pink flowers they are so pretty! You should make those muffins they look really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Yes I must make some of those muffins soon, but we are still eating fruit cake I made for hubby's birthday & there are only 2 of us. (giggle).

      Delete
  8. I can almost smell the roses in that tent. It must have been wonderful. I agree with previous comments - those seats do not look comfortable. Lovely pictures and stories again. I love reading every ones different interpretation of Hawthorns selection. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I also love seeing/reading all the different takes on the words, as well as getting to know other bloggers a little better. From your blog, I realise that we have quite a few things in common.

      Delete
  9. It is so interesting to see how everyone interprets the list of words! I agree some were quite tricky this month but you did it! Best photo for me is the flower one. It brought back memories of my many visits to Harrogate Spring and Autumn Flower Shows as well as the local Trawden Show. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LL & I too love flower shows. I've never been to the Harrogate one, though I've been to a Quilt show at those showgrounds. Small ones are good too & less crowded, which is the best.

      Delete
  10. Great interpretations. I like that you love the mugs for what they represent. It's so good to get out and about isn't it? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jules. We used them again yesterday, though not actually on a 'picnic', but a day to the suburbs to do a bit of odd shopping. We nearly always take lunch with us.

      Delete
  11. There's lots of great memories attached to all your photos! In response to your comment this morning... Mark's car is a Marcos Mantula. It was a British sports car, built in the Bath/Bristol/Chippenham area. This one was first on the road in 1990. We rescued it from a lock up in Southport a few years ago. By that stage it had been pulled to pieces so Mark's done a full 'chassis up' restoration. I've seen from the news that parts of Australia are braced for a very scary storm. I hope that you are a very, very long way away from it. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan for the info. I'll now be able to tell K, as he wasn't sure either. Nowhere near the cyclone, as we live way down south in Victoria, not far from Melbourne. I'll try & email later today.

      Delete