Friday 15 December 2017

ADVENT CALENDAR..............DAYS 13 & 14.

Due to being busy, lack of sleep, picking hundreds of blueberries this evening & not even looking like I'd really picked any, I'm now worn out, so this may be a sloppy post. 😩

DAY 13........FIRST CHRISTMAS RECEIVED.

These two, arrived on the same day, both from 2 of my sisters-in-law in the UK.  One in Yorkshire, the other in Kent.  I was worried I'd have none for this post.  I'll admit here on social media, that although I've purchased stamps & have cards, I've not done any. (naughty, naughty!)  I will get there, but awfully late.

DAY 14..........CHRISTMAS CRACKERS.

I don't have a photo of the above for this one, but something which I hope will make you crack a smile.
On Wednesday, whilst travelling across Melbourne to DD's, we stopped for a break in Williamstown, a bayside suburb, parked under a tree & strolled into a park to sit under a shady tree for half an hour.
Back to the car & this what the temperature was reading:
Yes, you read correctly................41 degrees Celsius.   VERY HOT.

Now remember, we had a day for SNOWMAN..............from hubby's facebook page comes this....


Thought everyone may agree that a snowman here in Oz may look like this.  I certainly laughed.

OK, all from me tonight, as I'm off to veg out for a while, before retiring.
Good night all & take care.
Susan.



12 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I wish the snowmen here looked like that, it's been so cold just lately. I must admit that I've done well with my cards this year, I'm usually at the last minute writing them and getting them sent off but I did them in good time this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snowman made me smile. Thanks for that. I know what 41 deg in car feels like .....roasting in oven!! Posted my cards today, a bit later than usual. About to do my Jacqui Lawson on line cards to our SA Friends and Oz Family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the Aussie snowman! Can't wait to be back in your lovely country next year, not sure how we will deal with 41 degrees but it will be fun finding out. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha, love the snowman. Pretty cards

    Julie xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your snowman. I sill have snow let over from last weekend, even though it has rained!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made Graham and I chortle with your broken snowman! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowman is fantastic!!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the snowman, very clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice snowman! You just have to find a way to send us some of your surplus heat.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will cheerfully swap YOUR temperatures for ours. I can cope in really hot weather, always been able to, but the interminable wet and gloom of English winters is really starting to p*ss me off :)

    When hubby was at his astronomy meet last weekend it was minus 5 at midnight one night ... they think it got colder before all the boys gave up and when inside.

    ReplyDelete