Saturday 30 December 2017

BEST OF 2017 LINKY PARTY

I'm linking with Cheryl for the above party and just hope all goes right. I've never done this before, so here goes.  The rules state that we link back to five of our posts which are either our favourites, have the most comments or best tutorials, etc, so I chose to make them my best quilty posts I could find for this year.
Just a little bit about how I've worked this post.  If you click on the purple titles below, it should take you to the related post.
Some posts are quite long & not entirely related to quilting, as I have many and varied interests, which include creating/ crafting, (especially quilts), photography, nature, gardening, flower arranging, days out/travelling, & also hubby's interests too, which include cars & woodworking.
Sorry if this is not quite to everybody's liking, but I am just ME.
1. Way Back in January.
Olympic Stars.
I finally quilted this, which was made during the Sydney Olympic Games in 2000 & worked on in subsequent years till it was done.

2. February finishes.
What to do with seven embroideries?  This what I ended up with and I've not even given it a name.

3.  Time Marches on.
Finding a number of Jelly Rolls I'd squirreled away, I decided to design a few quilts to use them & came up with 2 quilts from one jelly roll for at least two of them & these are the first ones.

4.  Moving along.
Another Jelly Roll double, one quilted, the other waiting.

5.  Playing.
I had fun with the Magnolia Mystery blocks on my design wall, then put them away.  They will come out again early January so I can finish it for the reveal in March.

I've don the best I can and actually enjoyed looking back over what I achieved (or not) during this year.  Next is in the planning with lots more designing and stash busting.
HAPPY NEW YEAR all, take care and huggles.
Susan.



18 comments:

  1. It's at this time of year when we look back on what we've completed that we realise just how prolific our crafting has been. You've made some beautiful quilts, I'm always in awe of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. It's been a funny year with lots happening & strange weather wise too. How much snow did you get as my in-laws kids made a rather large snowman yesterday. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Lovely quilts, happy new year to you for 2018, maybe we will catch up one day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy & I'll be in touch once our visitors have flown home.

      Delete
  3. Lovely quilts and a happy New Year. Must write my blog but already very busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. This time of year is busy, so have great 2018.

      Delete
  4. Great finishes! Thanks for linking up and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting this Cheryl & commenting as I know so many have joined in & I'm a relative newbie to blogging with a very small following. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  5. oh, well done with all the linky stuff! you had a great year - hope 2018 is even better🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. What works of art your quilts are Susan, you are so talented! I know just how much work goes into them, truly a labour of love. HNY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much Fiona, but I know you are crafty too.

      Delete
  7. Your quilts are wonderful. Best wishes for the new year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie & hope 2018 is good for you too.

      Delete
  8. After your kind comment, I just had to come over and check out your 2017 finishes! They look GREAT! I especially like you January and February quilted Stars:)❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, I've found quite a few blogs through this linkup that I've popped onto my favourites list & some are so talented. Take care.

      Delete