Monday 11 December 2017

ADVENT CALENDAR...........DAYS,9, 10, 11

Joining in once again with Julie for the Advent Calendar words & photos.

DAY 9........BAUBLE.
Theses 2 baubles (above), I made last year, but don't think I finished till after Christmas, but will pop onto the tree this year.  I was just playing around with odd bits 'n' pieces.
The 5 (below), are I suppose more Christmas Ornaments.  The 3 on the left were bought in both Skipton, UK, and Germany, (not sure which ones),  the other 2 were handmade at a woodcraft workshop in Tasmania.  Hubby was driving Tour Coaches at the time & brought them home for me, so must be at least 25+ years old.

DAY 10.........HOLLY & IVY.
I found this one very hard, as although both holly & ivy grow here in Australia, unless you have very, very cold winters, it does not fruit.  What would it be without the red berries?  So, I came up with this idea a few weeks ago.  Found my old book, which was issued to all school children back, as you can see from the date, a long time ago.  I've only 2 of these now & still get a thrill to open them, as we did when they were passed out to us then.  The stories, pictures, music & other interesting titbits, probably wouldn't pass muster to children these days. 

DAY 11..............SNOWMAN.
Another one I found really hard, though I thought I had an old photo of the boys with a snowman they made in the mid 80's, but alas, couldn't be found.
Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Ask my 2 younger granddaughters to draw a snowman & send it to me.
Well, Missy Moo obliged with the 2 above.  Aren't they cute.  Little E. may send one & if she does, I'll pop it on later.  Thanks to MM.
Well, I'm still hanging in there, with our loungeroom now completely devoid of all furniture, carpet up & ready for the carpet layers early tomorrow morning.  I may post tomorrow, but as we have childminding on Thursday, it will probably be Friday before I get time to play catchup.  I've definitely some photos ready to go & hopefully I'll also have our tree up in time for those posts too. 
Take care all, enjoy your week & lots of huggles.
Susan.




14 comments:

  1. The baubles are so lovely, as it the sheet music. I absolutely love the pictures of the snowmen

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Isn't it great, the way we can photocopy & scan things to put a picture together for this hunt and I didn't want anything to do with computers many years ago. Glad I latched on eventually. I'll let MM know.

      Delete
  2. You clever thing! Love that you have got the old grey matter ticking over and having to think around the north/south weather thing! We used to have snow in RSA but only very occasionally and I don't think I actually have any photos of it. Well done with the snowfolk - like I say - clever you (and MM) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I suppose most countries with very high peaks can get a bit of snow occasionally, wherever it is. I'll tell MM tomorrow, she'll be delighted.

      Delete
  3. I think you do really well coming up with all the photos for these posts, you do have to think outside the box sometimes. We got the tree and trimmings up on Friday just in time for Eleanor coming home from uni on Saturday, she hates helping to trim up so she was glad when she knew it was all done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, it's a lot of fun. I love trimming the tree & remembering times gone by with all the baubles, etc.

      Delete
  4. Hello Susan, wonderful snow people from Missy Moo, and I loved getting a glimpse of your school book. All three ideas were just perfect for the prompts. Hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. It's a wonder I still have the book, after lots of moves, kids, etc. Think MM will have a swollen head after all her lovely comments.

      Delete
  5. The pictures from Missy Moo are delightful!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your decorations, both home made and wooden ones, the latter so very traditional. The snowmen are really lovely and as for that gorgeous fairy, she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you didn't hurt yourselves moving all the furniture ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The decorations are lovely! Haha, I interpreted Holly and Ivy as a song too but in the form of a Youtube video!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey dear,

    this info is very wonderful, thank you so much for sharing....


    https://www.lukhidiamond.com/LOOSE-DIAMONDS

    ReplyDelete