Tuesday 5 December 2017

ADVENT CALENDAR..............DAYS 4 & 5.

Another 2 days of Julie's Advent Calendar with words and photos.

DAY 4............ CHRISTMAS BOOKS.
This collection of books I bought over a few years when we still had young grandchildren, but the 2 youngest are now 10 & we don't see them at Christmas very often now, due to living a lo..........ng distance from most of them.  They are all beautifully illustrated so I'm finding it hard to let them go.

DAY 5.........STAINED GLASS WINDOW.
The stained glass window in Notre Dame  I took this photo back in 2009, when we did a short European Coach Tour, as a side trip whilst visiting UK for my niece's wedding.  It was amazing & my old camera didn't do it justice.

I'm enjoying this and seeing all the participating bloggers takes on these words.  I've still a few to find, so see you all next time.
Huggles Susan.

10 comments:

  1. There's some really beautiful children's Christmas books, I used to buy new ones each year for my two. I visited Paris with school back in 1982 and Notre Dame really struck a chord with me. That window is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some great Christmas books about

    I would love to the the Notre Dame window

    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous stained glass window, oh how I like stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That window is impressive! I have books that were my mum's as a child, so hanging on to yours - I can't see a problem!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stained-glass window in Notre Dame is beautiful! I think I would hang on to the Christmas books – they could be the start of a lovely collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Children's books add to the magic of the season!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Christmas books! This is lovely and the Stained glass Rose window is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've never been to Paris but I did get to the amazing cathedral in Chatres several years ago. That's also got some stunning stained glass. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, hang on to your books. I'm glad Kate has mine. That window is gorgeous especially when I clicked onto the picture to enlarge it. Lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was a teenager when I visited Notre Dame, still vividly remember how it blew me away. Must go back one day :)

    ReplyDelete