Friday 25 June 2021

A BIT OF THIS'N'THAT CATCH UP.

 Having had intermittent internet recently, I am happy to say that I "think", we are OK with technical stuff now.  Just a quick post with some photos of what is going on around here.

IN THE GARDEN.

Although I feel we've neglected the garden this year due to the rather dull and inclement weather, it is surviving, but I'd love to get it restructured so I can work in it easier.  Being quite steep & my ongoing back problems it is becoming increasingly difficult .  I love pottering outside.

The Garrya is flowering well this year after one lonely tassel last year.

The violets smell beautiful.

Some of the Hellebore buds are now out.

Looking across the top terrace & it really does need a bit of attention to make it look like I want it.

The veg beds have been tidied & really need moving to somewhere sunnier, so that is on the to-do list.
I harvested the last of the carrots & removed all the spent vegetation last week on a dry day.

FIREWOOD.

A car club friend had trees come down on their property just outside of town, some over the boundary fencing, so off we went to cut firewood to feed our woodburner.

Roadside trees down.

The beautiful views over our countryside.  This is the view I had whilst loading the wood.

DH busy with chain saw.

The mess these gum trees make when they fall. This one came down over the boundary fence.

IN THE SEWING ROOM.

My design wall is looking quite full at the moment with Quiltalong sewing bits.  I'm participating in 3 at the moment & will talk about each one under the separate photos.


The Bedding Plants qal being run by Jo Avery in Scotland.
I've just started row 3 & have been a bit of a rebel as usual.  I'll try and update more often.

3 of the 4 blocks in a small version of the Sewcialite QAL being hosted by my friend Joy.  These will be sewn together in our own setting, so will make for an interesting reveal by all who are participating.

Also being hosted by Joy above is the year long Let's Stay Home QAL with stitcheries and piecing.  As these only come once a month, there is plenty of time to embroider of a night while watching mindless TV.  Sorry about the not so good photos as the light has been woeful, even inside.  I'll try and get better ones next time.  
OK, enough from me and I'm off to do some more catching up.
Take care all, stay safe & huggles.
Susan.


22 comments:

  1. It's good to see that you're keeping busy, both indoors and out. We've been having some days out while Mick's been off work and the weather's been good but we've got up to rain today which looks to be in for the day so I'm not sure what today will bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Hope you can enjoy some more summer sunshine over the weekend. Blowing a gale here and been raining again this morning.

      Delete
  2. I’m loving your floral quilt … it’s beautiful. It’s so strange seeing the difference in gardens on opposite sides of the world … of course our hellebores are long gone and we are nowhere near carrot harvesting time as yet. Glad you have your internet glitches sorted,. Take care 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I'm loving my flowery quilt too.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you've sorted your internet problems. Your garden and quilts look lovely, I really like the top row of flowers on your quilt. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be lovely watching your quilts come to life. I've been doing a bit more applique of an evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie & today maybe a bit more sewing as we've woken to wind & rain once more.

      Delete
  5. Your design wall is looking beautiful! Can't wait to see how your sewcial blocks end up :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'll download your last block today & possibly sew it up tomorrow. Did you notice my glaring mistake for the poppy block? Unpicked & ready to sew the right way up. K. spotted it & we both had a good giggle.

      Delete
  6. Your garden looks lovely and your quilting too. Good to get some firewood for the stove. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your countryside is lovely. That view while you were collecting wood!! Looking at your row QAL makes me remember how much I have enjoyed row quilts in the past. Maybe need to put that on my mental wish list. Also, the embroidery. I have this summer realized how much I need a hand project. Hmm, could embroidery be the answer I'm looking for? Have fun with all of those projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine. I too love row by row quilts & this one is certainly good for small scraps. I enjoy simple embroidery & winter nights by the fire is when it happens.

      Delete
  8. A lovely post and I enjoyed all of your photographs.
    The countryside around you looks very nice.

    Enjoy these last few days of June, don't the days fly by!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know your internet is sorted now. Looks like you are keeping busy! I don't have a garden myself as such, just a yard with tiny beds, that's enough for me as I'm not green fingered at all. My most recent post is an experiment , one of the new story posts which you can do if you have the WordPress app on your phone. Probably won't do another, I think they only load on smartphones, I'm not sure. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Not sure whether I'm green fingered, but do love pottering in a garden.

      Delete
  10. Good that you managed to get some wood, it's certainly needed this year. I would hate to be without my wood fire. Do you store the wood for next year to let it season?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. We try and let some season, but a lot of trees that have come down are the ones that are rotten inside & already past it.

      Delete
  11. Your designs are lovely Susan and your garden looks huge. I hope you get it structured the way you want it ... it's good to be outside isn't it, especially when the hard work is done by someone else :) Glad your internet is sorted again - we've become so reliant on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. Freezing here at the moment so not much gardening happening, but we'll plod on later this year.

      Delete
  12. Hi Susan
    Lovely to see the bedding plants rows progressing, I will be back to check up again soon!

    ReplyDelete