Friday 3 January 2014

A BELATED HAPPY NEW YEAR.



                                                                         FROM



I found this wonderful drawing somewhere on the internet, but don't  know where or when, so a big thanks to someone out there.  Don't you just love it and I know that some of my blogpals will relate to it.

These greetings are a little late, as my painful neck was back and sitting on the computer for any length of time was making it worse.  I could do a little catch up on reading blogs and a quick comment, but that was about it.  Yesterday was much better.  Thanks for all my lovely comments and I also owe a couple of people an email as well.  Just before the end of 2013, I was bemoaning the fact I'd not done very much for the year, but then read back through my blog and found it is a wonderful tool for recording the things I had done, so a little overview of what I did  get finished and started during the year, (mainly for my benefit)

FINISHED WORKS IN PROGRESS (WIP's)
Grandson's quilt.
2012 Xmas Quiltalong project.
Amish girls cross stitch was framed.
Mystery quilt finished, quilted and bound and given to my sister-in-law.
Small wallhanging quilted and bound.
Jelly roll quilt, quilted and bound.
Small embroidery turned into a cushion.
Another mystery quilt (pieced many years ago), quilted and bound for a friend's sister.
One of my original design quilts, quilted and bound.
Another 2 quilts, quilted and bound.
3 aprons finished.
3 table runners quilted.
2 embroideries finished - doily and duster bag.

STARTED AND FINISHED.
Granddaughter's library bag.
Quilt for my step-granddaughter in UK.
Country Charmer table runner.
2 knitted scarves.
Baby quilt for the daughter of a friend in UK.
Pincushion, square sewing tidy, tiny felt bird and a mixer cover.

STARTED AND NOW WIP's.
Feathered star wallhanging.
Some granny squares.
Bronwyn Hayes stitcheries.
2013 Xmas quiltalong.
"A" is for applique blocks, (only one done).
Offcuts sewn together for a charity quilt.
Baby quilt for my niece.

I was actually surprised at some of the things I did achieve after all,(though some being quite small  probably made it easier).   The last half of the year has definitely not been as productive due to our move.  Hopefully next year we'll be more settled and life will be back to normality.
I've loved the journey and friends I've made through blogging, and it is a great tool for recording the year for future reference and thanks again to all who've come along with me.
I'll be back over the weekend with the next part of the baby quilt, so take care all.
Susan.




8 comments:

  1. Love the longarm quilter!! Not sure if my list would be as long as yours, so well done! And was lovely to have a chat yesterday. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drawing made me laugh, although I am not a LAQ. You did accomplish a lot. Have a wonderful 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if that's what happens when you don't do a lot, whatever will you achieve if you're busy?

    Love the picture too.

    Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not done a lot, goodness, that's quite a list. Hope your neck is a little better now, that's not a good start to 2014. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness Susan, that is one heck of a list! Hope you have a happy and healthy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy/ Lots of lovely projects there. Here's to a productive 2014! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite some list, you have been a busy girl :}

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is quite an impressive list, and you have been tremendously creative and productive, especially given that you moved house this year! I hope 2014 is as good if not better. Happy new year to you Susan. x

    ReplyDelete