Saturday 28 December 2013

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY

Well, today we celebrate another birthday.  Our daughter C (mine), is also 41 now.  Three down and one to go.  We wish her all the best whilst on holiday and yes, I've spoken to her, and they are enjoying themselves.

Two people I've to thank for lovely presents from overseas are, Lucie the Happy Quilter, who sent me a lovely thread keeper and my penfriend B from Cornwall who gave me some lovely tea towels and fridge magnets from the Kirstie Allsopp range.  She knows I think KA is entertainment plus.


My lovely gifts.

My reading matter at the moment is quite light.  I've a few magazines and a lovely book.  I try not to buy much in the way of magazines anymore, but some just call me.  Two I can't resist and luckily bi-monthly, are, Landscape and Landlove.  The other shown is Mollie Makes Home.  I've read this from cover to cover.  In the past I've bought 2 copies of Mollie Makes and then handed over to my daughter.  I've far too many quilt/craft magazines so try not to even look, but every now and then something catches my eye.  I don't always come away with it, but sometimes I do.


I am reading a great gardening book, shown below.  I also finished one I showed in an earlier post and loved it too bits.  That one was My Cool Allotments.



The dahlia bud turned out to be white and the two large magnolias in this garden are flowering out of season.
They are dropping quickly  and going quite brown on the edges due to the heat.



It is 4.30pm here in Warragul and 36 deg (hot), but hubby says that at the cricket being held in Melbourne, the temperature has just dropped from 35 deg to 23 deg in 10 minute so the cool change is on the way.  Bad thing is that the wind is gusting at 91 kmph, which is not good if there are any fires about.  They've also had to bring out heavier bales to go on the wickets.  Yes, I do like my cricket, but I've been busy doing other things as well.

All for now, so take care and enjoy your weekend.
Susan.

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having two cricketers in the house, if they're not playing it, they're watching it. What lovely gifts you received and it looks like you have some good reading matter on the go too. Happy birthday to your daughter, I hope she has a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cool change sure came in quickly, it was hot and windy in the morning, but soon after lunch it was much cooler! And today is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dahlia is gorgeous. It's one of my favorite flowers. Happy Birthday to your daughter; it must be fun at the the Christmas season to have a birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your daughter had a lovely day. What nice gifts you received from your overseas friends! They know you well. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and wish you all the best for 2014. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice gifts from your friends, hope your daughter had a nice birthday, my oldest had his birthday on Sunday and turned 20 yikes! Its nearly 8am here and its still dark so your sunshine and flowers look lovely! Hope you have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a wonderful 2014 Susan and that this year will be the one you settle in your dream house.XX

    ReplyDelete