Saturday 10 May 2014

BUSY WEEK.........

This last week has been a whirlwind.
Firstly, I would love to thank all who left comments and am sorry I didn't get time to reply.  Hopefully this week won't be quite as hectic.

I think I mentioned some time ago that I was crocheting another ripple rug, this time for Hubby.  It's been a bit slow going, but this is how far I've got.


Last Sunday saw us going to the Lake Goldsmith Steam Rally.  The day was very cold and somewhat showery, but what we saw was worth it.  Just a few photos, as hubby took lots.

Very large.
Very small.

Many moons ago, we owned a truck like this.
 Now for a few other happenings this week.
I had to go to the Doctor a couple of times as all my files had finally arrived from my last doctor and two blood tests were part of that.  All is OK.

Wednesday saw me at Joy's for a sewing morning and whilst there she finally got Emmi G up and going.
Yippee.  I even achieved sewing 2 blocks.

Joy's Gammill Classic.
Thursday saw us head back to Warragul to the solicitor to finalise the update on our wills.  Whilst there I went to see my friend Janette and to see her new toy.  This is what she now has in her sewing room and she is already getting the hang of it.

Janette's HQ Sixteen.
I needed to make another baby quilt, this time for a young lady who worked for many years at the Warragul Newsagency.  I thought she was having a girl, but everyone else thought it a boy, so I waited till it came, before I made the quilt.  Being on a tight budget, I found some scraps, like this.

Large scrap piece and a bag of odd shaped leftovers.

They have now become these, with another three to be made.
I t is amazing what you can achieve from leftovers.  I will add sashing and borders and voila, a quilt for a little girl called Macy.

This morning I quilted my granddaughter's quilt, which actually didn't take long at all.

Little E's quilt in progress and now off the machine and awaiting its binding.
All in all, a very busy week, with so much done.  Hopefully I will reply to comments this week and maybe do another post, instead of a whole week going by.  Now I am off to prepare our tea. (salmon tonight).
Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend and take care.
Susan.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, you made good use of those scraps in that quilt! I am very impressed. I like the blue ripple blanket, I am loving chevron/zigzag crochet lately and have got the bug. I'd like to do a blanket one day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian. I love to try and use scraps at times, but there are so many lovely fabrics out there it is tempting to want to buy new. Being OAP's now I'm trying to be very thrifty. I'm also loving the rythm of crocheting ripples.

      Delete
  2. Oh I LOVE salmon, can I come for dinner too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but teatime is now over and it's all gone. I owe you an email, so will do that later today.

      Delete
  3. What a busy week. Fabulous scraps, I love the fabric and the quilt's going to look wonderful. You've cracked on with your hubby's blanket. I like the manly colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, am trying very hard not buy and just use my stash and scraps. The rug will be quite a while in the making and I do need some more blues as I have a lot of the teal which was from my late Mum's wool box.

      Delete
  4. Macy's quilt has turned out just gorgeous! See you in the morning :) xxx

    ReplyDelete