Wednesday 21 May 2014

LEFTOVERS OR BUBBLE & SQUEAK!!!!!

Just a very quick post today. as we have to be at the airport around 5.30pm to pick up our visitors from the UK.  Have already been quite busy today.
Remember the leftovers I showed in a past post, when I had them on the design board, well that is now a flimsy awaiting some quilting.  I really used an assortment of fabric from past projects and am so pleased that I've made the weeniest dent in my scrap pile.  The strange triangle shapes on the block sides were actually the leftover pieces from GD E's quilt made in 2007, and the centres from a commissioned baby quilt, so we can really save and then eventually use it.

Macy's baby quilt.


On Sunday, our daughter and family came for the day and she brought my Mother's Day present and this is what I received.

2 lovely books.

A pretty bag with some crocheted hearts I need to string up and put along my mantel.  It should look lovely.  Of course, my very clever daughter made these.


We had a lovely day, going out to the Ballarat Market where I wasn't going to buy a thing, but came home with 2 small plants, ($2 each), a bag of bread rolls, ($2), and a pair of fingerless gloves for both hubby and I at $5 for the two.  We at chip butties in the park, then out to Learmonth and wandered around the Antique shop and had afternoon tea at the local cafe, then home for a barbecue tea.

Lastly, here is a photo of my new ironing board cover.  Isn't it cute.  Please excuse the messy look in the background, but being a quilter, it is usually set up in my sewing room.

Said cover.


I may be a little quiet over the next 4 days due to our visitors, but will be back later in the weekend with an update.  I was hoping to get the binding on Little E;s quilt and also have the baby quilt on the machine, but that will probably happen next week, along with a little more gardening, I hope.  Bulbs that I planted some weeks ago are finally peeking through, so may have some photos soon.  As we didn't have much except hedgy stuff in the garden, I've not really taken any photos.
Enjoy the rest of the week and take care.
Susan.

8 comments:

  1. Have a super time with your visitors. I have plans to reduce my scrap basket - I just need the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time with your friends, the other "stuff" (like housework) will still be there when they've left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a lovely time with your friends from the UK Susan. Wish I were over there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet baby quilt. Nice use of your scraps. Enjoy the time with your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Macy's quilt has turned out so nicely! Have a great time with your visitors & see you next week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely Mother's Day gifts, and I love the new ironing board cover. Enjoy your time with your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ironing board cover. I hope you're having a super time with your UK visitors. I love your random facts from your previous post. What a great thing to post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, thoughtful mother's day gifts. I hope you have a wonderful time with your guests. x

    ReplyDelete