Wednesday 28 May 2014

HOW BAZAAR!!!!!

This is just a quick post after a busy week.  Thanks for all the wishes and comments on my last post.  Yes, we had a lovely time with our friends, albeit very short.  We picked them up late Wednesday, came home, then Thursday took them to Geelong to visit M's cousin and whilst there killing time we went to "How Bazaar" and a patchwork shop.  Now I certainly didn't intend to spend any money that day, but, oh dear, the first place was just a wonderful treasure trove of interesting "stuff".  It is part reclamation, antique, vintage and bric a brac.  Just awesome.  I forgot to take any photos of the day out, but below is a later pic of what we bought.

We have 3 light fittings, a lovely pencil sketch, pretty plate, china roses and a Morris Minor Van in its original box.
The light fittings are for the dining area and over the breakfast bar.  The other items were bought on a whim and were actually all great bargains.

Friday saw us take our friends back to an Airport Hotel, so they could fly out early Saturday morning for Alice Springs to stay with a friend about 400kms from the Red Centre.  Not sure what they will make of it in the outback and hopefully they'll let us know at some stage.  They are packing in an awful lot whilst in Oz.

A few photos from the garden.  I'd hoped to take some photos over the last couple of days, but although not cold, it has been very grey and not great light for taking pics.

The type of toadstool you see in children's picture books.  We have a couple in our front lawn.

Hubby has cleared this part of the bed for me to replant.  There was a straggly hebe and nothing else.  I've planted a lovely camellia, called Volunteer, a small euphorbia, a pretty pink leaved shrub and a chrysanthemum so far.  We've also put lots of bulbs about the garden and the majority are already poking through the soil.  Hope to have some photos soon.
Over the last few days, I've managed to quilt Macy's baby quilt and attach binding to both hers and Little E's ready for handsewing of a night whilst watching TV.  I've also cut and started to make myself a pegbag from the leftover owl fabric on my ironing board.  Today I've just made a quick chocolate slice and a white chocolate & ginger blondie.
It is now 3.30pm and it looks more like about 6pm, it is so dark and dismal.
Hopefully I'll be able to get some photos together for my next post and be back with lots of what I've been up to.
Take care all.
Susan.

9 comments:

  1. I love the toadstool. As you say, it's just like you see in childrens' story books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. In my first year at school, I played the part of a toadstool. Funny the things that come back to you sometimes.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a great shop, I love places which sell such a hotch potch of things, always interesting. Glad you enjoyed your time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great shop Jo. We'll go back again for another wander around, but next time we go down that way, we have to call in to another shop and get some fittings for the shades. This time I'll remember to take photos of our day out.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous buys - I love the light fittings! What a fabulous toadstool - we just get ordinary brown ones in our lawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shouldn't have been spending money, but what the heck. In Warragul, we used to get the ugly brown ones, but here we seem to get lots of different ones, so I'll take some more photos when we see them. I do find fungi rather fascinating.

      Delete
  4. Pretty things you discovered. I think the pencil sketch looks interesting. That's a very exotic toadstool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... I think you got more done on Wed than I did :) I got lots done yesterday and today though... not sewing... must blog... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great buys susan. As you would think I especially love the china plate. It's very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete