Saturday 3 May 2014

LOVELY SATURDAY




I had a lovely Saturday afternoon with a group of very crafty ladies.. Joy from the blog Days filled with Joy, took me along and I thoroughly enjoyed it, so will look forward to going again next month.

Last Wednesday saw Hubby and I set out for Ballan, and what may you ask took us there?

This Shop.
Why did I need to go?  I've just taken a quilt off my long-arm machine I made as a Block of the Month quilt some years ago and found that I didn't actually get the binding for it.  As the colours are not available anymore and I couldn't find anything suitable in my stash, I decided to go looking for something.  I finally found this, which picks up the colour of the roses in the outer border.

Peachy coloured fabric for this, below.

The said quilt.

To go with these I also bought this, below.  I made these blocks so long ago, I can't remember the year, but am trying to finish things I found that are definitely UFO's.

Pink and blue fabric.


Now for a couple of photos taken in the huge glasshouse in Ballarat Botanic Gardens.  The begonias have been  cleared to make way for chrysanthemums.  They are beautiful and some so different.





Aren't they all beautiful.


 That is all for now and hopefully the weather will be kind tomorrow for us, as we are off to the Lake Goldsmith Steam Festival.

Have a lovely weekend all.  Take care.
Susan.

6 comments:

  1. It was good today - got lots done :) I got home, lit the fire in the back room and did a bit of tidying up... will do some more and see if I can get Emmie G up and running tomorrow.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good day. Those chrysanthemums are beautiful, I love that last one, such a zingy lime colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they are all beautiful. A real feast for the eye. Sounds like you are getting lots done and enjoying the process. The "said" quilt is beautiful and I can see the border colors; the peach will look nice. Love the other blocks; they look complicated. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful chrysanthemums! I've never seen some of those varieties before, the colours are so vivid. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning chrysanths. I love those very spidery ones, so exotic looking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are great I like them all especially those green ones.:)

    ReplyDelete