Friday 16 May 2014

TEN RANDOM THINGS

I've seen a couple of these posts, so thought I would try one too.  You've no idea how long it has taken me to think about it, but here goes.

1.  I wanted to be an architect.

2.  I was taught to knit at age four, learn to play piano at five, but only for 6 months, sew on an electric sewing machine at seven and shown how to crochet by my great grandmother age eight.

3.  As a child I drew stone houses, loved the stone walls of the south coast of New South Wales and when I visited the UK in 1999, Hubby took me to the Penines and I announced that I felt like I had come home. A couple of years later, my cousin on Dad's side did some of our family tree and found that my forebears had come from the Penines and were stonemasons.  How's that for heredity.

4.  I'd love a pink kitchen with an island.

5.  I dislike impatient people.

6.  I have way too many books, magazines, fabric and wool.

7.. I don't drink, but do use alcohol in my cooking occasionally, and make a great Chocolate Sherry slice.

8.  I actually enjoy ironing.

9.  I love stationery shops and have oodles of notebooks etc.

10. My initials are S.S.S.

OK, now you all probably know too much.

Yesterday, Hubby and I went for a walk and I actually took my small camera with me and this is what we saw.

These cattle were running across the paddock to greet us at the fence.

A huge toadstool.  (that's hubby's foot.)

A cluster of toadstools.

An old tree.

The Avenue of Honour with it's trail beside it where we were walking.  It goes for many miles from the Victory Arch on the outskirts of Ballarat.

A sunshine gate (brand name).

That's all for now folks.  Take care and have a lovely weekend.
I'll be back soon with more about quilts and crafts.
Susan.
  .

14 comments:

  1. What interesting thoughts you came up with about yourself. You are a kind of craft/creative prodigy. Thanks for letting us know a bit more about you. Lovely pictures of your excursion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard putting my thoughts about myself on paper, so thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Hi Susan,

    Loving your blog - I so agree with comments 8 and 9. I am actually in the middle of ironing and have just stopped for a spot of lunch. At the last count I had over 20 new note books that I have bought just because I love them. Hope you are both well. Have a great weekend. G xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Have you posted on a blog yet as I can't find anything, but got your profile up and noticed that it started in May? Pop on a post if you can. Just a few lines and a photo of something like crochet!!!!!

      Delete
  3. My mum's initials are SS, she doesn't have a middle name. I love stationery shops too, I could spend hours just looking at everything. Let me know when you've coming to the UK again and I'll save my ironing for you, I've never liked ironing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny about the middle name as Hubby doesn't have one either. Hopefully it'll be in the near future, but think I'd like to enjoy your company seeing some of those wonderful gardens etc.(giggle). Take care.

      Delete
  4. It's great to learn a bit more about you Susan. What a coincidence about the stones and your ancestors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, it was a coincidence and a great surprise for me as I'd loved learning about England from a very young age. We did that at school in my era as we were still very attached to the "homeland", but I don't think they do as much any more.

      Delete
  5. HI Susan I'm just trying to catch up on my blog reading. I enjoyed reading those things about you. It's not easy to do is it? Loved reading about your ancestors, isnt it strange how you can feel at home in a place and yet you had never been there before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, it wasn't easy as there is so much about our lives and some is way too personal, but anyway I did it. Hope your holiday was great and you catch up with some posting too.

      Delete
  6. That's weird, isn't it, about the stone masons and stone houses and your ancestors? Weird but in a good way! What a wonderful tale. I enjoyed your random facts very much Susan. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian. I've really enjoyed your blog just lately, as you've talked about some very interesting things.

      Delete
  7. Just catching up after the holiday. I love your list of random facts - it's always fun reading about other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Anne, just loved some of your holiday pics.

    ReplyDelete