Sunday 20 July 2014

CAT FLAPS, BREAD AND SOUP!!!!!

OK, intrigued?

As most of my followers know, I've been testing patterns for Sue over at Quilt Times.  This time instead of her giving me the pattern for TUBIX, I worked it out, resized it and made this.........

Cat Flaps.  Click to enlarge and see the cute cats.


The bread was a mix, I made in my breadmaker, which I haven't used for ages and the soup in my new soupmaker.  DD and I bought one each a couple of months ago and as she'd used hers and I hadn't, thought perhaps I'd better work it out.  My friend Joy had given me some veg from a farming friend and I googled Broccoli and Zucchini Soup and then made it.  Not quite as thick as I wanted, but I'll keep experimenting.

Sourdough rye bread and Broccoli and Zucchini Soup.

Saturday afternoon, we went for a walk along the Lake as the weather wasn't wet, although overcast with a very nippy wind blowing.  Below are some photos.

Boatsheds along the shoreline.

This black swan came right up  and checked out my camrea.  Cheeky!!

The tourist tram that runs beside the lake.

Very different styles of house opposite the Lake.  One ultra modern and the other a Californian bungalow style.
These would be worth a "very" lot of money.

Looking across the Lake to Mount Buninyong.
This is my lot for a short post and hopefully everyone can wish that we don't have rain on Tuesday, so the heating can be finished.  I can't believe they started it two weeks ago and it is still non-operational.  As we went to Warragul last Thursday and it was extremely cold, it was probably good to not be here.  On the way home it actually snowed just outside Ballan.  Of course it didn't lay on the ground, but it was snow!
Must go now and have my tea and hope you all have a good week.
Take care.
Susan.

15 comments:

  1. Cat Flaps is wonderful and I can almost smell the bread from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks about Cat Flaps, but I do have you to thank for asking for testers too. The bread was good.

      Delete
  2. Cat flaps looks great! Sourdough bread is very good, did you have to use a starter? I had a starter on the go last year, but have not made one yet this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail. Not I didn't use a starter but a packet of bread mix from the Supermarket.

      Delete
  3. What cute kitty cats they are - lovely quilt Susan! My but that looks like a good loaf of bread - my hubby would soon take that off your hands given half a chance! Thanks for sharing your lovely pics and I'm wishing with you for nice weather Tuesday.
    Keep warm, xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Tuesday is looking good so far.

      Delete
  4. I love the quilt, the cats are so cute. It's a while since I've made any bread, I've got out of the habit, I must start again now I've got a little extra time on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. The cats are cute, but I saw some lovely dog fabric at Craft Group this morning and immediately thought of you. Some of the dogs were Cavaliers. I cheat and make my bread in the breadmaker, but should try it by hand again. (Time permitting).

      Delete
  5. I love the cats. It's a lovely design and worked up beautifully, obviously. Beautiful pics, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, Sue certainly had me thinking on that one, but it turned out OK. Like to include some pics of Oz for everyone overseas.

      Delete
  6. I love your Cat Flaps. The colours are super. I can't believe you had snow! Do you get snow often? BTW those black swans are very beautiful. I can't remember ever seeing black swans in person. Have a great week Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks about the quilt Lucie. Yes, it does snow here in Oz, but usually up in the higher country and in Tasmania. We've lived on the slopes of the Snowy Mountains and in Tassie earlier in our married life, so know when the rain has substance. It doesn't lie on the ground here very often though. It's definitely been cold this winter so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really hope you have working heating by now! That sourdough rye bread with the soup looked so delicious. At least you have soup to keep you warm if nothing else... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heating men due to arrive about 10.30am today. Soup is great in cold weather and I intend to make more. Perhaps pumpkin at the end of this week.

      Delete
  9. I love the black swans and the tram ....... and now I am craving some fresh baked bread!!

    ReplyDelete