Sunday 6 July 2014

MANIC MONDAY, NO, MANIC WEEK.

I thought about calling this "the week that wasn't".  Thanks for all my lovely comments and sorry I've not answered them this week.

Wow, it's been so hectic.  We are trying to sort out some better heating for this house, so three quotes and not much else so far and it has been perishing for the last 2 weeks.  The coldest weather in nearly 30 years here in the south.  I've had pathology, we are trying to organise a holiday for later in the year, a day out to Bendigo with DD and family followed on Thursday, more about heating on Friday, grocery shopping, phone calls from solicitors and cemetry and to top it all off, one of those "stupid" government incentive programmes which end up being a sales campaign.  Last night, we sat up late and watched what we could of the Tour de France starting from Leeds.  I made it to 12.15am and hubby a wee bit later.  It was lovly seeing all the familiar countryside, so will try and watch a bit more tonight.

QUILTING

First  a photo of a flimsy.

Pa's Garden.
This is another test pattern for my friend Sue over at Quilt Times.  It is really supposed to be Colour Boxes, but I've chosen lots of pansy frabrics, changed the border a little and christened it Pa's Garden in memory of my grandfather, who had a very small garden when I was growing up and loved to plant annuals amongst his few roses.  I got to help if we were there.

These few photos are of my actual finishes for the first six months of this year.  I know you have seen them before, but now all are quilted and bound.  They still need labels.  I'd love to put them in a photo collage, but not sure if it will work.
Autumn on Wimbledon Common

Dream Garden

Freya's Bears

Macy's Quilt
Wombling On.

This is a quick post due to lack of time this week.
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and I'll try and pop on another post during the week with some photos from our weekend in Canberra and maybe the garden if it ever becomes "sunny".
Take care All.
Susan.

11 comments:

  1. Pa's Garden looks great. I didn't realise you'd actually got it to the flimsy stage. All your finishes this year that you show means you are doing one quilt a month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue and I forgot to take a photo of Little E's quilt finished before I gave it to her. Just watching some highlights of Tour de France before tea.

      Delete
    2. Pa's Garden is a winner. I like the flowers and the dark borders; it really looks like raised gardens. I hope you have a nice, successful week.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Joanna, I'm certainly having fun with Sue's test patterns.

      Delete
  2. You have made some gorgeous quilts Susan, and to me 'Pa's Garden' is spectacular; on first glance I actually thought those were real blocks (as in wood!), they are so striking! I hope you get your heating problems settled soon, it's so awful feeling cold. xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, glad you liked the quilts and heating going in on Wednesday.

      Delete
  3. Susan firstly thank you for your email. I havent had chance yet to reply! It seems strange to read how cold it is over there when of course it is the height of summer here. We arent having too bad a summer, there has been a fair amount of sunshine and hopefully plenty more to come. Hope you get the heating sorted out soon though.
    I never knew there were so many quilting designs nor that they all had names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Most quilt blocks have names and we also name our quilts and I must admit I love to do a play on words or give them quirky ones.

      Delete
  4. What a ~fabulous~ group of quilts. I am quite envious and as Sue says, one top per month - way to go!! That's quite an achievement on top of moving house and everything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne, too cold to do much else here except play inside at the moment, although I did manage an hour outside yesterday whilst the sun shone. It's been snowing just outside of Ballarat today.

      Delete
  5. Gosh it sounds like you've been extremely busy! I'm sorry to hear you're having heating issues. My friend has just moved to Sydney and they are renting an old house in Balmain with fireplaces, but you're not allowed to use any of them! Consequently they are freezing. x

    ReplyDelete