Tuesday 15 July 2014

STILL FREEZING

Yes, we are still very cold indeed.  It is 3pm and only 6 deg and the ducted heating is still not done. Hubby says his tablet says it only feels like 1 deg though.  It's been too wet to open up the roof to put the main  part of the system in.  We do have a gas log fire in the family area, but the rest of the house is  "oooh" so cold.  I have the worst chillblains in years and think it is because this house is so cold.

BABYSITTING

After our busy previous two weeks, we babysat our grandchildren in Melbourne on Monday.  DD had to go into school for the start of the new term and their Dad also had to work.  We set off on Sunday and travelled down via Geelong.  On the way we saw these.

The entrance to the Happy Hen Egg Farm.


Whilst in Geelong we grabbed some hot chips and made chip butties and then went for a walk.  Our feet and the camera finally got a workout as it was reasonably fine.  There are many painted bollards around the shoreline.  Here are some photos of them and a few other things.  Geelong sits on the south western side of Port Phillip Bay. It has a working port and attracts a lot of tourism also. Most people pass through on their way to The Great Ocean Road, a very famous picturesque drive.  Melbourne is at the very northern edge of this bay.


Hubby with some lovely bathing beauties.

A sea of masts in the marina and the tourist helicopter coming in.  It has floats instead of skids so it can land on the water if needed.

Looking across the industrial area to the You Yangs, a small range of hills to the north.

The refurbished carousel.

The organ being restored.

Buoys on the shoreline.

More bollards.

After a lovely relaxing time we headed for DD's and had a "sleep over", as the grandkids call it, and babysat them the next morning. I was quite shattered by the time we were heading for home, as I also fitted in a little weeding whilst they played outside.  After lunch DD and I pruned some very wayward roses and I picked a small bunch of these to bring home, as my garden is completely flowerless at the moment.

Jonquils and fluffy grass sitting on my kitchen bench.
One last photo, of a "beautiful" rug DD has been working on for some time now.  She is just finishing of the edges and it will be done.

DD's rug.
Another busy week is coming up and it's already Tuesday.  Tomorrow I must make time to go to the Library, and have 2 X-rays (back and teeth, strange combination).  Thursday we are heading to my beloved Warragul to do our Tax Return, then hopefully we'll start to slow down a bit (lol).  I do hope they don't want to finish the heating on Thursday, but according to the weather forecast, it is supposed to be wet for at least another week, with most days only reaching about 8 deg.
Later in the week I may get time to do some more sewing and I'll hopefully take a photo of what I've been up to on the quilting front.  I've only managed to put in an hour here and there, but really want to post about my project.  I've so many things I need to do over the next month or so and am getting behind with blogposts.  Thanks to all my blogpals and your comments as you've helped me in a stressful period of time.
Have a good week and take care all.
Susan.

10 comments:

  1. Great pics, Susan …. I like your Hubby's girlfriends and their pretty costumes :)
    as well as the masts with that beautiful sky - they do paint a pretty picture!
    Your daughter has crocheted a gorgeous rug, colour perfect! I do hope that heating gets finished soon so you can feel comfortable again cause it doesn't look like the cold weather is going to ease any time soon. xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, I do love trying to take good photos and my daughter is very clever. We get the cold weather after you usually, so not sure how cold you are.

      Delete
  2. Okay, what are chip butties. What my imagination is telling me can't be right:) It sounds like it's around the 40's in degrees Fahrenheit and that is too cold for no heat. I hope you get your heating very soon. Here it is very humid and muggy and uncomfortable and I would be happy for a cool down. Thanks for the great pics and your Aussie words; it's fun to read your travel posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, Joanna, a chip buttie is a hot chip sandwich and is actually very "English". My hubby comes from Yorkshire. I think as we get older we feel the cold and the heat more, as the cold never worried me before, though I've never liked the heat. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Well, I know what a chip buttie is!! A super collection of photos - I love the big chickens, and the painted bollards are fabulous (perhaps I could start a campaign to get some installed in Berwick!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. There are lots of bollards, but some of my pics had people or children in them, so could not post those. I love the bollards and also the wonderful chain saw carvings we have in a few towns round Victoria. A campaign would be fun and then Berwick could be a twin for Geelong. We do have a Berwick here in Melbourne. Take care.

      Delete
  4. I love the bollards, they are such fun. I also loved seeing the old-fashioned roundabout, and the organ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, Geelong has quite a lot of interesting things to see.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sue, I like the bollards, they look great. Your daughters blanket is pretty, looks like a lot of work. I haven't had a chip buttie in a-g-e-s, but the fish n' chips in Cornwall were deelicious! Hope your week goes well, good luck with all your x-rays. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail. The rug has taken her a while, but it looks stunning.
      X-rays done, so will now wait for results.

      Delete