Tuesday 22 July 2014

CHILLY START!!!!!!

Just a quick post to show how cold it was this morning, though the day became sunny, but still quite cool.

Around 8am

Closeup of frost.

Then the fog rolled in around 9am and it was still -2deg at 9.30am

Ice on our water feature in the courtyard around lunch time.

Trying to take a photo of an ice shard.
Well it is now close to 5pm and our house is cosy and warm, as the heater has been more or less finished and is working.

I'm going to work on hubby's ripple tonight in the hope it is long enough so I can start/finish a few other things.  Tomorrow I hope to be able to get to Bunnings (hardware store) to find something for a larger design wall and we also have our gym assessments, so hopefully we should soon be fighting fit.(lol).  Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday and until next time, take care.
Susan.

17 comments:

  1. Good news that you have your heating going again Susan, what a relief that must be, especially after that freezing cold this morning. Enjoy rippling! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you managed to get the heating working, I wouldn't want to be without mine in that sort of weather. It was a little misty when I got up this morning but it's burned off and it looks to be turning in to another beautiful day. Perfect for getting all my washing dry, I've still got loads to do from our holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we got it going too, as it was -3 again this morning.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad the heating's working now, although it seems odd to think of it when I'm sitting herre in temps of low 70's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your "hot" weather whilst it lasts. At least it's not over 40deg like we get sometimes.

      Delete
  4. think you had it colder today than us, we saw the sunshine, although it was still cold, i spent most of the day inside with the heater going. Glad yours is going now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought your weather would be about the same as ours. It was very cold again this morning.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry you're cold. We are having a heatwave, forecast to be 25 degrees tomorrow and that's seriously hot for this far north.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually feel the cold as much as this, but I know that 25 deg is hot for you. Think I'd like it at the moment. Hope your garden gets through unscathed.

      Delete
  6. My,that is cold! Glad your heating is now working!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is cold, but it does get like that some winters. It's just that we haven't had one in a while.

      Delete
  7. Brrr!! I would love some cold right now though as we are meltingly hot! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in Amy. We go from one extreme to the other here in Oz.

      Delete
  8. It seems so strange to see your pictures of frost and ice when we are basking in glorious sunshine (for a change!!!) G xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, I wish to have some of your sunshine at the moment Giselle. It's been so overcast even when not raining and I want to put in some plants before we go on holidays. Take care.

      Delete
  9. The first and third pictures really caught my attention. They look great.

    ReplyDelete