Wednesday 23 December 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS.



Not a lot to tell, but if I don't reply to all my blogpals, it's because from tomorrow morning we'll be away for a few days.  We are off to youngest son and family to celebrate Xmas.  Looking forward to seeing them, but not the travelling in this heat.

WHILST...........
buying grandsons present, I spied these on the footpath outside a lovely little shop in Traralgon, where we'd gone to find said gift.  We don't always go this way to find things, but will in future, instead of heading toward Melbourne.  I'd forgotten that it has a wonderful interesting array of shops.  Quite enticing to say the least.  Anyway I came home with these.

Actually there are 2 of each colour and were only 10 for $20, which is surprisingly cheap for any wool over here, although it's only acrylic.  I've already found something to crochet with it.  

A project which won't be too hot and heavy on summer nights.

This afternoon, hubby has been fighting with a timer for our newly set up drip watering system for our newer plants in the garden as the next week is forecast as VERY hot again.  This is the best method in this heat.
I did pick a few Kangaroo Paws that had been bent in the wind last week and placed them is this vase I once made in a pottery class, many moons ago.

DD did the cross stitch a long time ago, I made the runner and I CAN play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on my mini harp, but not much else.  One day (sigh)!

OK, that's all for now and hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and I'll catch up when we get back.
Take care, Susan.

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time at your son's. Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful time and we can connect in the new year :-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the heat isn't too much and that you have a lovely time with your family this Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete