Sunday 6 December 2015

RUNNING IN CIRCLES!!

Oh, blogging seems so far from my mind at the moment, and I'm not sure where the time is going.
Just at the moment, my heart goes out to my friend Jayne and all those people in Cumbria who are dealing with terrible flooding once again.
This post will take in a little of what has been happening over the past 2 weeks, which I seem to think, is not a lot.
I've received a parcel from my Xmas swap partner, which is great, and am now ready to start on sending cards near and far.
Last weekend we had a day out to a National Trust property, but oh dear it could have been better.  The house wasn't open due to lack of volunteer support and some of the gardens were quite neglected.  One bonus, was that it is free to get into the grounds/farm and you can take a leisurely stroll around.  It is called The Briars and is on the Mornington Peninsular east of Melbourne in a suburb called Mt. Martha.  Just a few photos.

Side of homestead

Part of the garden.

Overgrown veg plot.

Have been trying to get another one of the quilts for my book pieced and another quilted.  Well the piecing is going OK, but the one on Bubs, my "big" machine, isn't behaving, so it can wait till I can find time to breathe and then will sort that out.  Technology does quite often get the better of me.

I'm also in the throes of sorting out some things for my younger brother, who is mildly intellectually disabled, which is quite time consuming too.

Through the week I made a couple of slices, cooked a small turkey breast and made salad to take to DD's yesterday to celebrate an early Christmas as they will be away for three weeks during the festive period.
DD and I made these in the afternoon, whilst Master L and Missy Moo watched a movie.  Pop and SIL amused themselves.

Snowflake, paper decorations.
These were actually easier than I thought and may make some for myself.

The garden is getting by although it is very dry and quite warm at the moment.  Just two pics of my hydrangea which is hanging in there and the only rose I have in the garden, which we planted over winter.  I will remedy this at some time and plant more.

My lovely unusual hydrangea.

Julia's Rose named after one of my favourite flower arranging authors'  It is such a lovely colour too.
I have frozen some of the blueberries I've picked over the last few days along with giving some to my neighbor and DD.  There are plenty more ready to pick now.
Crocheting my Spice of Life rug is slow going due to the hot weather, so will try and show a pic during the week on my progress with that.
Tomorrow is another busy day, as we will head into the suburbs to buy Hubby's Xmas present.  A lightweight biker's jacket so he can go riding in the hot weather without sweltering till he's nearly melted.

OK, I feel this is a very "discombobulated"(don't you love that word) post, but it's done nevertheless.
Hope you've all had a good weekend and take care.
Susan.


14 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind wishes.

    On a micro-level, Bag End is dry and we are not flooded. But, like all residents of West Cumbria, of course we are affected - the small local shops I use every week are destroyed, bridges down, roads closed, millions of pounds of damage to local infrastructure. The awful floods of 2009 seem like only a few months ago and it is heartbreaking to be back here again, and know just how long it will take to get things fixed.

    But on a happier note, absolutely ~love~ those snowflakes. How do you make them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's OK Jayne. As for the snowflakes, I'll see if I can do a post on how to make them tomorrow (Tuesday). Just saw another short bit on your floods as I was writing this. I'll email later too. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Wow, yes I do love that word...Discombobulated. Fabulous. It sounds like your life is full at the moment. Blogging can wait. Everyone will still be here x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I thought of the word 'Discombobulated' the other day it describes perfectly how I have been feeling. I love the look of those snowflakes Ii have a pattern somewhere so will route it out. It's a pity about the NT property you visited. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great word. I looked it up in the dictionary to make sure I spelled it right, even though I knew how (giggle). Just told Jayne (above), that I'll try and do a post on how they are done.

      Delete
  4. The flooding in Cumbria is terrible, those poor souls who have only just recovered from the last floods are now affected again, it doesn't bear thinking about. Hope you had a lovely 'Christmas Day' with your family. I love the colour of your roses, they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping up with Jayne's news and I do believe you've all had bad weather. Had a lovely day Saturday, thanks. I have one of those roses inside now and it's turned a sort of lavender. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Love your roses, and the cute snowflakes you and your DD made. I have to see and keep in touch with beautiful things like that, especially now with the threats we have here. It's how I cope. Hope all turns out well for those you know in the flood area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. I'm hoping to show how to make the snowflake soon. I'm keeping up with what's happening with the floods via Jayne's blog at the moment. She's OK.

      Delete
  6. Discombobulation is a daily occurrence for me so - I'm happy with it!! If you do make those snowflakes, please show us how to do it- thank you for your lovely comments, the rain has ceased so hopefully it will allow the floods to drain away. Along my route to work (and today to York for my exam) the fields are lakes and horses, sheep and cattle are perched on the high ground, hopefully farmers will be able to move them to drier pastures before the grazing runs out - keep cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn, I think I may have started a trend with that word(giggle). Glad your drive to work and York, were sort of OK and you arrived safely and home again. Hope the exam went well..

      Delete
  7. Good to chat to you the other day. Love your garden photos. And a "discombobulated" post is a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. Gather you must be home again and the wedding went well.

      Delete