Tuesday 19 July 2016

A LITTLE BIT THIS!

Just trying to do some catchup after a busy week.

Saturday afternoon we decided as the sun was shining, (not much of that lately),  to head off for a walk and chose to drive up and start looking at places along the Warburton Rail Trail.  It was only a short walk, as Hubby's foot is still very sore.  Along the way we noticed the remains of an old station and a seat under the platform's name sign.

All that is left of the platform.

Strange name for a town?
On our way home we noticed both of these.

An unkempt paddock with two long beds of red hot pokers.  Quite amazing, but no idea why.

A hot air balloon, just between those trees.  We'd stopped along the highway for petrol & I could see this floating away.  Late afternoon is not the time you usually see them & I had trouble trying to keep it in sight.  We've seen them over Melbourne early on summer mornings.
Now for a little bit of craft.
Remember those bits of timber in a pile I showed a couple of posts ago, well, this is what it became. I still have 3 drawers to finish, which are quite fiddly.  It is a lazy-susan craft caddy.  I'll add a bit more bling too.



Hubby has been hard at work too.

A bi-plane he made from some leftover timber bits.  It really is cute and is sitting atop our bookcase in the living room.
I've made a start with the wool DD gave me from the Wool Warehouse for Mother's Day.  I was so excited that I wanted to start it straight away, but resisted till I'd made all the granny squares for another rug I was doing, though it's not sewn together yet.  This one is in such pretty colours, picked by Lucy at Attic 24 and came with the Cupcake Rug pattern for free.

A few rows.
Finally, a few pots.

An old tin bucket I planted with mixed narcissi.  The first to flower is Earlicheer.  Can't wait to see what else I put in.

A large pot we inherited with this house, that had a sad looking box plant.  It went, to make way for a punnet of sweet peas.

My poor neglected cyclamen, which just keeps on coming back.
OK, that's my lot, just to let you know I'm here, busy and plodding along.  I was given another shop quilt today, but have one of my own on the machine, so that will be next week's work.  I may do a quilty post next week, as my olympic one is off, but not bound yet.  Tomorrow is our car club coffee and cake run, so hopefully I'll see and get some more ideas for the Scavenger Photo Hunt.  Seems a little tougher this time, but some have come together already, so only a few to find.

Take care all,
Susan.

8 comments:

  1. I love red hot pokers, they look great en masse like in your photo. Your lazy susan craft caddy is a great idea, I'm always up and down getting things when I'm crafting, that should save your legs a bit. I haven't done any crochet for ages now, I'm alternating between knitting and cross stitch at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't the pokers look great like that. We all do different things at different times, so crochet will come back for you. It's good for me at the moment with my sore chillblains.

      Delete
  2. Amazing to see the red hot pokers all lined up like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy and there was another photo to put on, which I forgot as time was a problem yesterday, so that is being saved for next post.

      Delete
  3. Lovely lazy susan! You and Keith have been busy! And the rug is looking great xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when out walking or driving we stumble across interesting things, I also wondered at the name of 'Launching Place' so I went researching and found it was thought to be called that after the loggers used to 'launch' the logs in the Yarra River!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Hawthorn, I too love finding interesting bits when out & about. Thanks for the information & I should have had a look myself, but have passed through there many times & just accepted the name. I do go looking for things at times & sometimes find it interesting or just odd.

      Delete
  5. Gosh you've been busy :-) Love the colours in your crochet, I'm always so tempted by the visual delights at Lucy's blog but I really cannot accommodate any more projects!

    ReplyDelete