Sunday 10 July 2016

SECOND SATURDAY!

What was to be a simple day, turned out somewhat different.
The second Saturday of the month is our car meeting day, but this one was also the AGM.
Off we went, sat down, had the usual meeting, then into the second half and who came out of that as a committee member and the mail person?  Susan did!  I have a hubby who doesn't seem to mind pointing to me when it comes to these matters and I'm silly enough to volunteer when no-one else wants it.  The committee member doesn't entail too much, except to make sure you attend the monthly meeting.  The mail person job is a bit more involved, having to pick up the newsletter from the printer, folding & labeling, taking to the clubrooms on the 1st Saturday and distributing as many as I can, then taking the rest to the Post Office and mailing them, but I don't mind as I enjoy helping where I can.

Later in the afternoon we went for a walk, as the sun had briefly come out, although it's been overcast and miserable all day today.  Some nature laden photos follow, that I snapped on our walk with my small camera.

Nasturtium leaves still wet from last night's rain.


Not too sure what these 2 are, but the three photos above were taken in the Jindivik community garden.

Garrya.

Banksia.

Daffodils.
The last three were taken along our walk.

The next lot aren't necessarily floral, but other bits we saw.

View from the community garden.

Bird bath in above garden made from discarded items.

These mounds of earth with a central hole were along the grass verge and I have no idea what made them.

Toadstools, which are starting to break down.

Gorgeous gate into the Nursery.
Whilst in town last week visiting the library, I noticed this beautiful weeping Prunus, just coming into flower.


Pretty in pink.
Lastly, I picked this from the garden yesterday.  One of my lovely hellebores, which was looking rather rain drenched.  This one flowers first, and the one beside it in the garden is just showing buds at the base.  Another one I planted from a pot I bought a couple of years ago, looks like it will flower too now that I've planted it in the garden.

Just one and a bud.
Yes, it is a bit photo laden, but I just couldn't help myself after so much grey, cold and damp days.
A "little" sunlight certainly perks you up.
Have a good week all and take care.
Huggles Susan.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job!! Keith can help you mail the newsletters :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your new committee roles will keep you busy. I remember going to a PTA meeting when the kids were in primary school and out I came as Vice-Chair! Lovely to see what's flowering in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I think I'll manage all OK & glad we went for a walk that day as it is now freezing, blowing a gale and threatening to snow down to low levels. Ah, winter.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your new committee position and mail work. Hope you enjoy the work especially since you are already involved in the car shows. Are you in your winter? if so those flowers are gorgeous; like our flowers in spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. Yes, we are in the middle winter, which has been very overcast this year & of course cold, though not as cold as you have. In our northern regions (Queensland etc.)which is usually dry in winter, they've had exceptional rainfall this year, so our weather is being a little strange.

      Delete
  4. Ah yes, the inabillity to sit on one's hands and keep quiet. That's how I ended up on the committee of my garden club - they asked so nicely!

    Those gates are beautiful, you do find some intersting things when you go out, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops - that is obviously meant to be interesting !

    ReplyDelete