Friday 1 July 2016

JUNE SCAVENGER PHOTO HUNT.

Linking up with the lovely Hawthorn at  I LIVE, I LOVE, I CRAFT, I AM ME.


1.  STONE.

Stone sculpture.
We holidayed in outback New South Wales in 2008  and visited a Sculpture Trail in Broken Hill. which (if we remember rightly) were commissions from sculptors for the Millennium.

2.  VIEW.

Kata Tjuta, formerly The Olgas near Alice Springs.
This time I've trawled even further back into the archives to feature something different.  In 1996, we travelled to Central Australia with the Morris Minor Touring Club of Australia in our Morris ute.  At this stage we still camped in  a three man tent, and had loads of fun.  I scanned this one from a photo as I didn't have digital camera back then, so hope the quality is OK.

3.  SKY.

Morning sky.
I took this photo the morning before Hawthorn put the June Hunt list up.  Wasn't I lucky with SKY as one of our pics..  It looked as though someone had dragged a huge paintbrush across the horizon.

4.  TREES.

Dead trees in the Hume Reservoir.
Again, one from the archives.  Not sure about that date, but this a large dam near Albury on the Victorian/N.S.W.. border into which the Murray River flows.
I should do a geography lesson on Australia or put on a map at the top of my page if I knew how!!!

5.  WATER.

Powlett River.
I've shown this river before not long ago on a day out, but we have water in the river and waves breaking on the beach behind, from Bass Strait.  You may have to click on this to view larger.

6.  DWELLING.

Old Farmhouse.
I took this last week.  We have been passing by this house since we moved here in 2004,  on trips to the coast and watching it slowly decay.  We often say it needs some TLC, but it would now be very major work.

7.  GARDEN.

Wishful thinking!
Ballarat Botanic Gardens in summer, early 2015.

8.  GATE.

Must be done.
This was taken on the same trip as No. 2, at a camel farm east of Alice Sptings.

9.  LEAF.

Yes, a leaf.
I have a small collection of Carltonware (much reduced these days) and made this my leaf photo, to show I can think outside the box.

10.  MY CHOICE.

Different, but similar, one being an Australian mammal and the other English.
Echidna.

Hedgehog.


The photo (right) is an Echidna photographed on a day out a few years ago near the south coast of Victoria.  I sat quietly for it turn around and then it even came over and sniffed me, before waddling away.  Their long snout finds ants in nests, which they feed on.









This photo(left) was taken whilst walking in woodland at Parceval Hall gardens in Yorkshire.  A little ball rolled down onto the path near my feet and then uncurled itself and lo and behold it was a hedgehog.  Again I stood quietly as hubby took a pic.







OK,  that's my lot.  Hope you enjoy and I'll endeavour to answer any questions you may have.
Have a great weekend all and take care.
Susan.

16 comments:

  1. Susan that is a wonderful selection, there so many 'favourites ' I was hard pressed to choose. ... think it is a toss up between sky and dwelling xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Our weather hasn't been all that wonderful for photos, so did some hunting & realised I have all sorts. I'm loving these hunts & will try to not fall back on too many UK holiday photos. (giggle)

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos, likewise having a grand tour
    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, glad it's like a grand tour down under.

      Delete
  3. Great fun to see your photos from another continent! It is good to be reminded that there is another world outside the UK. The sad dwelling is my main choice but it was closely followed by the hedgehog. Must re-visit Parceval Hall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought showing 2 similar mammals was a little bit of fun.

      Delete
  4. I love your tree shot it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great collection of pcitures x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love the old dilapidated dwelling but I also love the trees in the water. Reminds me of the petrified trees in Kariba Dam in Zimbabwe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pics. It's always interesting to see what you've discovered on your outings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great set of photos I love seeing different parts of the world through blogs and photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all above. I'm really enjoying these end of month posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures, especially seeing the echidna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh pooey, I'm a month late - sorry :( I want that beautiful flower bed, the delphiniums are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete