Friday 6 January 2017

AHHHH! MY FIRST POST OF 2017.

So far this year it has been "HOT", and I'm not enjoying.

I was going to try and post on Tuesday, but the day got away from us.  We went off on a shop hop for me, to buy some bias tape, ribbon, iron pellon & a few other bits for some sewing I wanted do.  It was successful, but I didn't get to the computer at all.
Now for a few Christmas finishes.

2 styrofoam balls I decorated.

The little Xmas tree hubby made now painted & glue glittered to look like tinsel?

I took down the Christmas wall quilt and replaced it with this one.  Think I showed it in the making some time back and it is now completely finished.  I can't stand back far enough in this house to take a good photo, so this is as good as it gets.

Pansies Galore.
What am I keeping in this bag?

Said bag from a Co-op store in North Yorkshire.
Why, it's my cupcake rug!!  The body of it is finished and now I've the borders to do, but it is way too warm to over my knees in this weather, so will come out when it is slightly cooler.

My beautiful pastel rug.
I've been cutting out a few things (a couple I can't show yet, though one I've given away, but forgot to take a photo), and have done some sewing.  YAY!!  I've 2 children's aprons to get done, but did this for myself today.


A knitting needle case & crochet hook case.
These fabrics came from my stash, but did have to purchase the dusty green ribbon.  Tonight I'm going to sew press studs to the end of each flap, which isn't in the pattern, but as I picked one up awkwardly & all the hooks fell out, I think it maybe a good idea.

Hey, ladies, does anyone have one of these and have you used it?

I bought this many years ago to entertain my granddaughter when she visited, but we never used it and it's been sitting in the bottom of my storage footstool.  Will I have a go?

That is about it for today.  I thought I'd taken a photo of something hubby made me, but I can't find it, so that can be another day.  I've had a great day, chatting with my childhood friend, sewing and clearing out the footstool.  Hope you've had a good Friday too.

Take care all and huggles from Susan.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy. Heavy frost here and your blanket would have been welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We don't get many frosts through winter, but I do like cooler weather than this.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like such a positive day ! Love it :) I have seen those circle looms about but never tried one - I shall keep an eye out and see what you make. Your cupcake blanket looks delicious, such delicate colours and what an appropriate bag to keep it in :) I am crocheting at the moment and although my hand is flying across my work, the blanket is still no wider than a scarf. Last night I was cold enough to curl up on the settee, fire crackling away with my 'scarf' blanket bundled on my knees to keep me warm! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I'd much rather be sitting in front of a wood burner, than this yukky heat (up to 37 tomorrow & Sunday). Can we see the crochet please?

      Delete
  3. Nice needle rolls Susan. It's a fab way to store needles and crochet hooks. I made rolls for my journaling pens, circular knitting needles and paint brushes as well. Sarah owns and still uses her knitting looms ocasionally. It sounds like its lovely and warm in your little corner of the world x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie. I need to get started on that UFO list as well, but am definitely going to try the loom after hearing your Sarah uses them. I'm not sure about the lovely & warm, but more like "stinking hot".(giggle)

      Delete
  4. You often say you've not done much but it looks to me like you have been extremely busy :) Your crochet rug is quite beautiful and I understand why it is too hot to have it across your lap at present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne, & I'm always on the go, but never feel I've done enough, & this heat tends to get me down and makes feel so lethargic & just plain "yuk". The rug was started back in (I think) June after the wool arrived from UK, so has been on the go since then. I mainly only work on it at night, but have taken it to quite a few monthly meetings of the car club. It fascinates the "gentlemen", seeing me sitting there crocheting & get lots of comments from them(giggle). As I sit writing this, my magpies are carolling away & getting quite vocal. Maybe they think I need to take more notice & feed them. Hope you're having a good weekend.

      Delete
  5. Your blanket is looking lovely, you'll have that finished ready for the cooler weather coming around again and I'm sure you'll be thankful for it then. I've still got my Spice Of Life crochet blanket to finish but I've gone right off crochet at the moment, I'm sure I'll come back to it again at some point. I've seen those circle looms but never had a go with one myself, I look forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. You've so much going on at the moment, I doubt whether your concentration levels would cope with too much, but you'll definitely pick it up again as I know you enjoy. Take care.

      Delete
  6. That blanket is looking beautiful, although I can understand you not wanting to work on it while it's too hot. I took a crochet blanket to France last summer and didn't pick it up once, it was too hot even to handle the hook and yarn, never mind the weight of the blanket! You needle and hook rolls are fabulous, so straight and perfect. I have one a friend made me and I use it all the time. Happy new year to you Susan. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian. Not sure France gets quite as hot as we do, but you seem to know what is not good doing in the heat. After making quite a few hook rolls for friends, it's great having one for mine instead of an old plastic bag. (lol) Take care.

      Delete