Tuesday 24 January 2017

RUSHING ON!!!!!!!!!!!

My goodness, the month of January is already more than half gone.   I thought about a post on Saturday, then yesterday and finally Tuesday morning, & yes, here I am doing it.
As to what I've been up to, I'm not really sure, but I think I've been both busy & hot.  Today is a lot cooler with a strong southerly blowing & rain overnight, but the temperatures will be on the rise again from tomorrow into next week.  Luckily the Australia Day public holiday (Thursday) is supposed to be a pleasant 26deg.  as we have a car club event that day.  

Now just a little roundup.

One evening last week I captured this amazing sky.

Taken from our backyard & it was a little surreal.  Not seen one like this in ages, especially here.

Whilst we were in UK, I bought some wool and a small crochet shawl pattern from Morley Markets & made a start whilst there.  Once we were home I did little bits of it from time to time & realised the 2 balls I had bought weren't going to be enough.  Help was needed as I couldn't purchase the same wool here in Oz.  My sister-in-law came to the rescue & got me some more.

I'm doing the one on the right & will show when a little further ahead.
On Saturday afternoon we made our way to The Vintage Shed in Yarragon, a small town not too far away, to see if I could find something small to go in the corner near my BIG quilting machine to hold a few odds and ends that I need on a regular basis.
I found this & it was inexpensive, so it came home with us.

A little shabby chic corner whatnot.  Notice the printout of the long arm quilter I found in my archive pics.  It came from the internet many years ago & I'd forgotten all about till I was searching for photos for our upcoming Scavenger Hunt.  Isn't it cute.
I've finally got round to putting the quilt on the machine and have even done one row.  WOW!  At long last, I think I'm finally getting back my craft mojo.  I've also got some of that stash busting quilt I talked about in a recent post on the design wall.  More about that in the near future.

Said quilt with part of the pattern showing up well on the white background.  Once finished I'll show a full shot.
I've named it for one of my granddaughters, and have two more in mind for the others.  
We have a weather station on the wall of our family room, which tells us both the inside and outside temperature.  This what it read yesterday about 6pm.

The lower lefthand corner is the outside temperature.  I've just noticed that it is actually nearly 7pm on the clock at the top.
Warm for that time of day, but better inside as we had the cooler on.
Just one last thing for today.
I've actually been reading this week.  Our local library requested a purchase on 2 books I'd asked about and this is the first one to arrive.  And, I get to read them before anyone else.

Lovely new book, which I saw at the Donkey Sanctuary near Leeds & really wanted to read.
So far (I'm not giving anything away), I've cried in the first chapter & been quite choked up in the next few, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it all ends.  It is a true story and was published last year.  Some of my friends know that I'm an animal nut, & especially love donkeys.  The other book they are purchasing is about dogs, another one I love.

OK, that is enough of my waffling and as I have a busy day ahead, (meal planning & grocery shopping to name one),  best go and make some headway.

Have a good week all, take care & huggles.
Susan.

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your crafting mojo is back!! Yay! You are certainly producing beautiful work, that quilting is incredible. Hope that you have a good day on Thursday and enjoy whatever you are doing with your club. Beautiful sunset too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Mojo is back, but my trouble is I have so many ideas running through my brain, I can't keep up with myself(giggle). We'll enjoy Thursday picnic, I'm sure.

      Delete
  2. Wow ..that's hot! I hope that you have a great time with the car club on Thursday. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, but I should be used to summer by now, you'd think, after 60+ years, being born in Sydney & a fair dinkum Aussie. We'll enjoy.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful sky. I don't like the cold weather but I'm not sure I could stand your heat either, somewhere in between would be good for me. Glad the book's finally come in for you, I remember you saying you'd ordered it a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, it was absolutely amazing & the reddest I've seen in a long time. I'm still reading & enjoying book, though it's sad at the same time. I know we both love donkeys, so thought you may like to see that it'd come.

      Delete
  4. I always feel that the beautiful stitchery magic that finished off the quilt is almost like a secret - you have to look for it, it doesnt necessarily show - so to see it on the white makes me realise how beautiful it is :) The sky is amazing and your temperatures wonderful (yes I know not for you but I do miss the dry heat of summer) looking forward to seeing progress of your shawl x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Kate. Yes, the stitching is sometimes lost on patterned fabric & I'm not a good one for using white (I seem to get it dirty in no time at all), but it does show up nicely when using coloured thread. As for the heat, it isn't dry here & that is the problem, as the humidity is so draining, but Autumn should be just around the corner. Shawl has another row done, but my measurements are way out to what the pattern is saying. I'll email & tell you about that.

      Delete
  5. An amazing sunset, such a gift to witness colours like that.

    Well done for doing some quilting, I must get on with the 'green piece' but we've had a couple of days of gorgeous weather so I've been in the garden. The complete opposite of your temperatures - it barely got above freezing all day yesterday but the sun was out so it was really nice outside.

    ReplyDelete