Friday 27 January 2017

JANUARY PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT.


Linking up with the lovely Kate at I live, I love, I craft, I am me.

A couple of this month's words were hard, but a few others, I found way too many choices.  Here we go.

1.   SMOKE.

Smoking whilst working hard.  Taken at the Lake Goldsmith Steam Rally a couple of years ago.
2.   TWILIGHT.

I think this one could be "just" coming on twilight.  Winter would be better as the nights close in differently.
3.   IT STARTS WITH F.........

FERNS.......Australian tree ferns, taken from the Noojee trestle bridge, &  found int my archives.
This is not far from us & has a small rail trail walk.
4.   CIRCLE.

I love the round towers on the churches in Norfolk  & couldn't resist this one from my archives.
It is in Surlingham, where my hubby's grandmother was born.
I found so many photos with circles, I had a hard time choosing just one.
5.   SIGN.

Don't you just love this.
Whilst in UK visiting family, we usually take our washing to the same laundrette we've used for many years.
One day, went to do some & he was closed.  Oh dear, we had to find somewhere else.
We made our way to Pudsey & I found this sign whilst waiting for it to be finished.
I just couldn't resist taking a photo, though it was hard getting all the signs in the same pic.
You will probably have to enlarge  to see  it all.
6.   HEAT.

A heat haze over the Dandenong Ranges, taken on a warm, sultry day, visiting the National Rhododendron Gardens,
late last year.
7.   IT STARTS WITH J.......

JUGS.
This one was doing my head in, till I took something from kitchen shelf & looked at the tall white jug with pink rim in the centre of this photo,   and "ping", a light bulb moment!
I gathered up a couple more, & then remembered a few more, so we have a collection.

8.   BIRDS.

EMUS.
I took this photo MANY years ago through the car window & scanned it for this hunt.  Not the best, but you can see a "lot" of birds running through a paddock.

9.   IN FLOWER NOW.

AGAPANTHUS.
These, although not native, grow very prolifically here in Oz, as they are hardy.  I took this when we visited San Remo at the beginning of January this year.
10.  MY OWN CHOICE.

SO CUTE!!!!
This is another from the archives (I think 2009)/  Not sure exactly where it was, but do know it was somewhere in Yorkshire. Loved the 2 little lambs following Mum down the road.


OK, that is my lot for this month and I do hope you enjoy.  Thank you Kate for our hunts.
Take care all & have a great weekend.
Susan.

16 comments:

  1. I also had to resort to the j is for jug (as you know) and like you I spent ages looking at it and wondering what on earth to use then suddenly last night I had a jug-epiphany! Love all your interpretations x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. It certainly got my grey matter working. Apologies for accidentally linking up twice as it didn't appear at first & I turned off the computer, then did it again. Jugs can come in handy can't they?

      Delete
  2. I have to say the same as the comment I left at Kate's: Where did the month go? How on earth can it already be time for your photos? It always makes me smile how many of your pictures were not taken in the Southern Hemisphere 😊 🐾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne & I'll admit to wondering where this month has gone. There were only "3" from 'oop north'! OK, you know how much I love the UK & I find so many interesting ones from our travels in the archives which fit Kate's words.

      Delete
  3. I had a little chuckle at the sign, it had to be in Yorkshire, didn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it had to be & I also had a chuckle when I saw it, then I'm sure everyone was laughing at me trying to take a photo seeing the four different ones together.

      Delete
  4. Love the smoke, sign and birds photos. Clever of both you and Hawthorn to use Jugs for J! I'd select smoke as my favourite one, if I was asked! There is something about vintage machinery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I also love vintage "anything" but machinery is up near the top of the list & we are still using some of it, whereas electronic STUFF seems to have a much shorter lifespan.

      Delete
  5. I love the tree ferns and your entry for Heat, both could be in Africa. The sign is wonderful too but the one that gave me the most pleasure was scrolling down and seeing the bank of agapanthus. I just said 'aww, agapanthus, gorgeous' aloud. Here we only see them in pots in garden centres, nothing like they should be seen. I used them for huge flower arrangements, then at Christmas I often sprayed the flowerless heads white and put glitter on the hanging seed pods. So that will be my nomination for favourite if just for the happy memories. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I'd not realised that Africa had any sort of tree ferns & thought that it was only us & New Zealand, so that has opened my eyes. I've had agapanthus in a lot of my gardens & especially the two before here (we've none now) & have always had them on the table at Xmas too. I think I may have even shown them on my blog once in the festive season, so memories for me as well. Alan Titchmarsh has a 2 raised beds of them in his garden, as I have his book called My Secret Garden & they look good.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos. Did you enjoy the event last Thursday? Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan & yes it was a lovely day out. I took a good pic of 4 old Fords together & hope to post it on my blog soon.

      Delete
  7. Love the sign. Lovely photos

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely finds! I like the mix of AUS and UK and the tree fern picture especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I too love tree ferns, but only in proper bushland like this & not stuck as a specimen in someones garden. I'm probably strange about that, but that's me.

      Delete