Tuesday 31 January 2017

HEARTATHON! DAY 1

Joining in with Kate at I live, I love, I craft, I am me, where we are celebrating the lead up to Valentines Day with a heart themed beginning to February.  I may not post every day due to a few commitments, but will have a heart for the 14 days, even if some are for a few days together..  We'll see how I go.

Yummy Hearts
The above wall hanging has taken the place of the summery pansy one I posted at the beginning of January.  This is a spot just inside the front door where I can display a small piece quite well.  It is hard to take a photo though as the opposite wall is in the way.  I'd been wondering if I had anything both quilt & heart related & remembered this one.  YES!
The little wall hanging was made in a workshop in 1994 whilst living in Nowra & was only the second class I'd ever done, although I'd been patching since 1977.  I do enjoy classes and wish we had some locally, but I've plenty to do and will now talk about some UFO plans.

My friend Joy at Days Filled with Joy has talked with me a lot about catching up on UFO's and I've counted how many tops that I still need to quilt.  I have 23,  ranging in size from table runners, wall hangings, to small & large bed quilts.  I intend to get all these quilted this year.

I also have plenty of other sewing/piecing/embroidery & related bits to go through, as well as yarny projects I've started. Sorting the sewing related ones now & will photograph them in groups & hope to make a good start and reduce the piles. in the coming months.

The 2 tubs at the bottom contain most of the sewing related items.  Top tub has leftover batting pieces, so doesn't count, except to be pieced together and used in small projects.  I don't like wasting it.
Enough from me tonight & I'm off to keep crocheting my shawl whilst watching The Great British Bake Off.  I know that this will be early for my overseas bloggers, but when I catch up again tomorrow morning, it will be the 1st of February here and my little brother's 63rd birthday.
Take care all.
Susan.



14 comments:

  1. I love your heart wall hanging, it's so colourful and jolly. Enjoy the Bake Off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. It was bread night & most of the competitors had a pretty disastrous time. Pity this is our last series with the fab 4.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous wallhanging! Here's to a year of finishing those ufos!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Hope it is a year of finishes, though a scary start this morning as at about 6.40am I'm sure we had an earth tremor. Ugh! Waiting to hear some news.

      Delete
  3. Oh, good luck with your 23 finishes for the year! I don't have that many tops waiting to be quilted, but there are a few, and I would like so see them done. The tops are benefiting no-one hanging in the spare wardrobe.

    I'm also on a mission to sort out all the sewing related "piles" and tubs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. At least I've made a sort of start. Need to keep it as a simple relaxing job & not stress & if I want to do other bits, then that is OK. I'm learning slowly, to breathe.

      Delete
  4. I love the quilt and love the hangy up thingy has hearts too! Nice one Susan, you are quick off the mark, it is still January here! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I'd not realised the hanger had hearts too, but hubby pointed that out as we hung it. How silly am I, as I've had it for about 20+ years. (giggle). I even noticed a few more hearts around the house, so should be good for all 14 days. Big smile, though I'm still fluttery after the earth tremor, although it wasn't much. Just made me feel a bit unsteady till I realised it wasn't me & the door was rattling and no wind. Gee, not had one for a few years & forgotten what it felt like.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to 'C'. I remember you well and of course your brother. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your brother had a great birthday! Lovely to see your hearts, I will enjoy seeing more of them, your hanging is beautiful and the hanger is too! Hope you have fun turning your UFO's and WIP's into FO's this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love your hearty wall hanging and the ones on top too. An earth tremor, not nice. Not felt one since I was at boarding school in 1959 and Lake Kariba on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe was filling up and causing tremors as the weight of the water settled on the land. Sad about Bake Off here too. It is amazing how money counts and not the popularity of a programme with viewers. Keep well. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love your hearty wall hanging and the ones on top too. An earth tremor, not nice. Not felt one since I was at boarding school in 1959 and Lake Kariba on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe was filling up and causing tremors as the weight of the water settled on the land. Sad about Bake Off here too. It is amazing how money counts and not the popularity of a programme with viewers. Keep well. x

    ReplyDelete